Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Yeah the outers i'm not concerned about, it's the inner that we couldn't get from any angle. With the cover off you can KIND OF get the inner jamnut with some angled long-nose needlenose pliers, but you certainly can't get any kind of real torque on it. Unless you freeball it and leave the inner loose and only jam the outer nut.
Manufacturer of the arm didn’t design with having ease of adjustment in mind. I would extend the inner joint so the jam nut sits right on the edge the pocket of the subframe. You have to double check shank length to see if you can run one side extended and still have enough thread engagement. From the photos posted, it looks like they have the outer joint extended further so there is some wiggle room. If not measure out the heim and order the correct length heim.
Sponsored

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Camber plates vs LCAs? Car is fully stock other than a square tire setup and I'd like to get a bit more camber. Running a small spacer currently, so if one is better for reducing risk of rub that'd be good. Trying to keep changes/mods to a minimum if possible and retain street ability. I've heard some LCAs can be a bit noisy.

Last edited:

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
For anyone that does a lot of racing/ track days - wondering if this makes sense and if so is anyone doing it.

I know on round/oval tracks you would have neg on one side and pos on the other but most track we would normally do have a lot of turns.

depending on the direction of the track do you set more camber on one side of the car

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
Camber plates vs LCAs? Car is fully stock other than a square tire setup and I'd like to get a bit more camber. Running a small spacer currently, so if one is better for reducing risk of rub that'd be good. Trying to keep changes/mods to a minimum if possible and retain street ability. I've heard some LCAs can be a bit noisy.
what is the benefit of more camber in the front?
and should the car have more camber in the front then in the back?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
For anyone that does a lot of racing/ track days - wondering if this makes sense and if so is anyone doing it.

I know on round/oval tracks you would have neg on one side and pos on the other but most track we would normally do have a lot of turns.

depending on the direction of the track do you set more camber on one side of the car

please delete your post- will be confusing to people looking for worthwhile information

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
can you please explain?
the LCA seems like a much simple solution

Search LCA issues. There have been more than anecdotal number. The German geometer is tricky and about 1/2 issue are with install and set up. And 1/2 the product itself.

If you are just tracking occasionally or just want a little camber for whatever the reason, plates are much more fool proof . .02

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

Yes you could and a lot of people do it. @garudathree does this at Lime Rock (all right turns except for one left). He maxes out his left camber when he gets to the track.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra

yeah but there are very few road courses where this really helps. One is LRP like @razorlab mentioned. If you have a couple turns or more in each directions it doesn’t really make sense - it’s a lot easier to lose a lot of time in the corners you aren’t set up for versus gaining time in the other corners.

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Sure why not, I am just not at all familiar with Penske gear. I have had two sets of MCS and two sets of Ohlins in the past, but in BMW/Porsche land no one is using Penske stuff really. With high end dampers I think the performance is broadly similar, it just comes down to support/shop knowledge/platform. For example Bilstein make some great stuff and so do KW, but the support for the US just isn't really there.
This is from the owner of Shaftworks. But he essentially said penskes if you want the last bit of performance and willing to do more frequent rebuilds. JRZ and MCS most likely acquire their parts from the same supplier and you get a bit more mileage out of them before needing a rebuild.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Few tracks need that kind of setup (NASCAR) style. Daytona is one of them. My track day there was canceled last year due to an unforeseen event (at the track). But I was setup for that track much differently than Sebring or Homestead. Mainly due to the banking. You can find more info here:

http://racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html

Like Bob (Rock) said I can’t imagine many people needing to do that. Until I saw Bryan’s post, lol. I guess some people do it more that I thought. It’s definitely more advanced to adjust for each track. But that’s what the pros do for sure. Or someone with the ability to to trackside setups & knowledge.

can you please explain?
the LCA seems like a much simple solution
Camber plates are much easier for shops to adjust or do yourself. When you start getting into adjustable LCAs, you’ll need a shop that is well versed on adjusting them. Or able to do it yourself (like some guys on here). When you have both you can tilt the top inward and the bottom outward. I wouldn’t expect a big box dealer to align/adjust the car. Even if they think they can, I’d recommend not doing that. *(don’t ask me why I know 😝)*

and when you know that you need more camber ?
by examining tire wear ?
Yessir! I did this for exactly that reason. Especially when you start getting more comfortable in the car = faster. Bryan (Razorlab) has an amazing build page. You can see he started out with less camber (up front) and has been dialing in more over time.
Sponsored

Last edited: