• Total voters

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
The OP was reading my mind with this thread. This excerpt below is what stood out to me. Still reengineered but made it affordable and although these will be sought after, Chevy wants to get them in the hands of the people. I wouldn't pay above MSRP for a MKV with something like this available.
Screenshot_20190719-084553~2.png

While I still lean toward the Supra name, that Corvette has the potential to steer me toward American muscle for the first time in history.
Sponsored

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
Did any of you see the new C8 interior..i must say OMG...why cant toyota works with Corvette for interior design and BMW for inline 6 engine...might as well right???

Damn i love that C8 interior.. DRIVER's ORIENTED adn JEt fighter style!!!!

Also price tag is below 60 grand for C8...hmm..i might have to rethink now

corvette-interior.jpeg

dims.jpg

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
I think that it looks fine overall, I do not like appreciate the screen position or that bananas button layout tho - I guess you'd get used to it all so.

*edit*

It actually doesn't look as bad as I thought, just watched the debut video and the proportions look wayyyyyy better. Just the camera angle on those images I guess.

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had seen this in leaked shots before and I think it'll be super difficult to get used to the button location on this:
I feel like they made like a police interceptor
upload_2019-7-19_10-41-18.png

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
And it comes in colors other than black!!! :spaz:
Oooof, checking the builder that they have up (and of course it's early days), it looks like they're gate keeping most of the (much better looking) colour options behind the 2LT & 3LT trims (in fact the 2LT trim only gets +1 extra interior colour to make 4 total).

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Everyone’s gotta remember that it’s 60k for the base car, probably not a lot of options/tech. The car most would spec is probably around 70-75k
Yup. I think at the end of the day the price of this car comes at a cost of what you as a driver can live with. If you look at the current builder on the US website, the base model doesn't get a lot of what I would call standard features these days (no heated seats, no navigation, no power mirrors, no wireless charging (just like the Canadian Supra!!), no HUD, less safety features (cross traffic alert etc.) - you need the second level trim for these. Most of the interior colours are locked behind the highest trim which itself only adds leather options (so I guess the 2LT trim would be the one to go with).

The funny thing for me is that I don't love the Supra front end but that thing has got ass for days, the vette on the other hand looks good from the front but I really don't like its rear end.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
The 0-60 time is a little misleading. GM said it does less then 3 seconds with the optional Z51 Performance Package. But I agree, that interior is super nice!
Yup, from the GM press release. You guys need to read the whole article and not just the headlines and key-points. Oh yeah, that is one killer interior. It really puts the Supra to shame.. :lol:

The fastest 0-60 time of any entry Corvette ever — under three seconds when equipped with Z51 Performance Package.
https://media.chevrolet.com/media/u.../Pages/news/us/en/2019/jul/0718-corvette.html

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
That looks pretty tight - not sure id like that amount of plastic around me.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Just my 2 cents.

Comparing the C8 to Supra is fair since the base prices are kind of similar. I understand if it's within the price bracket then it's fair game. However, the C8 IMO is contending more with 100k luxury sports cars than the Supra, Cayman, etc.

I was blown away at the base pricing too, but my initial thoughts were, "With the little that we know, this car destroys the NSX, LC, 992 911." 70k - 75k could get someone in supercar performance. A Z06 variant could be jumping over Mclarens, Lambos, and Ferraris. For possibly 100k.

Just my guess, I think Chevy is really trying to establish the Corvette as a supercar for half the price. With that, I don't think comparing the Supra to the C8 is correct. One has potential through the aftermarket, the other is in terms of performance a supercar.

zakira

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5, JBH D09, Metro, Uber and Lyft :(
I had seen this in leaked shots before and I think it'll be super difficult to get used to the button location on this:
I feel like they made like a police interceptor
upload_2019-7-19_10-41-18.png
I can't imagine how you can drive and look over at that column of buttons at the same time. It looks cool in picture but not sure how ergonomic that is. Imagine how much you have to move and contort your hand from top to bottom. Now if the controls are duplicated on that screen, then there should be no problem. So, not sure if it's really driver centric overall.

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having a hard time adjusting to a mid-engine 'vette and I'm not a fan of the button layout of the interior but having an even harder time justifying higher than MSRP prices on a Supra that is going to get smoked by the 'vette at a similar price point.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
So, the C8 Corvette was revealed. Confirmed with 495hp, 0 to 60 in under 3 sec for $59,999.

How many of you will option out from buying a MK5?

On first looks, it seems that GM did with the C8, what Toyota did with the MK4 Supra back in 1993: performance that destroys direct competition and matches cars that are much more expensive.

And when comparing the MK5 with the C8, in markets outside USA, it looks even worse for the Toyota as prices are ridiculously high.
Ex
In the US, C7 Corvette is $57k. Supra is $50k, C8 is $59,999.
In Canada, C7 Corvette is $65k. Supra is $65k. C8 should be below $70k.

Even the interior of the C8 would have been a perfect successor to the Supra MK4.
that price comparison is so wrong. 65k CAD is about 50k USD. That gets you a full loaded premium 3.0 in Canada with all the add ons. Better price than the US
Sponsored