Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
no me

Omg why do this and then not post the graphs or torque numbers Lol
Probably to frustrate 2020 owners...ha!

I'm sure we're going to see graphs soon enough (if not later today)

The comparison curves will probably look very similar to the supra vs Z4 back to back dyno comparisons done awhile ago!

z4 vs 2020.jpg

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Probably to frustrate 2020 owners...ha!

I'm sure we're going to see graphs soon enough (if not later today)

The comparison curves will probably look very similar to the supra vs Z4 back to back dyno comparisons done awhile ago!

z4 vs 2020.jpg
Im skeptical of their numbers. Most of the stock 2020 runs I’ve seen fall between 310-320whp so they are definitely reading high. 365ish on the 2021 would be a more accurate number imo.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im skeptical of their numbers. Most of the stock runs I’ve seen fall between 310-320whp so they are definitely reading high. 365ish on the 2021 would be a more accurate number imo.
It's ok to be skeptical...

Absolute numbers are not as important as is the comparative back to back differences shown between the two...

I'm sure within a day or two we'll see more back to back dyno comparisons between the 2020 and 2021 Supras that will clearly show the differences....

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
It's ok to be skeptical...

Absolute numbers are not as important as is the comparative back to back differences shown between the two...
To a new buyer, absolutely. For those of us with tuned 2020s, or me at least, it would be cool to see the car run on a dyno with similar results to our own. In my situation the baseline falls between 310-320 on the stock 2020.

That is a significant jump in power, though. I’d like to see the differences in boost numbers due to the lower compression.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2021 Supra - 420 tq

They didn't mention that in the car and driver video. You do see the dyno sheet in video but the quality is not sharp enough. To me it looks like it put down 420 wheel torque.

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 13.48.16.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 13.48.16.png

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2021 Supra dyno test - 388whp

The 2021 3.0L i6 is running 5psi more than the A90 stock boost pressure only reason for the difference. Same boost pressure my A90 MKV made 430whp. So tell me again how a low compression motor makes more power than a high compression motor with the same boost? :popcorn:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The 2021 3.0L i6 is running 5psi more than the A90 stock boost pressure only reason for the difference. Same boost pressure my A90 MKV made 430whp.
You're moving the goal posts again. This all started when you said:

A91 doesn't have 40 more HP than the A90. It's the same 382hp that Toyota underquoted on the A90. That's why the A90's are putting down 340whp. If the A90 really only made 335hp at the crank then the whp would be around 285 whp.
I said that was not true and you then told me to provide a dyno chart, which I have now done.
So tell me again how a low compression motor makes more power than a high compression motor with the same boost? :popcorn:
We are both on the same page about boost pressure and compression ratio, I even acknowledged that earlier but you may have missed it when I mentioned a comparison of 2 identical motors but one with a thicker head gasket being an all around less responsive motor (a thicker head gasket decreases compression ratio if you were wondering why I brought that up.) This is where your goal posts moved, you keep coming at me from that angle as if it justifies your earlier quote and as if I even remotely made the claim that a lower compression motor makes the same power as an equal motor with higher compression.

I get it, youre proud of your car. But no one is going to think less of you as a person or man to admit you're wrong, misinformed, or made a misjudgment.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
What are your thoughts on the above dyno chart contradicting your entire argument and resultant lashing out at "smart asses" on Jesus H Fucking Christ car forums?
I think this dyno chart is flawed LOL.

The 2021 3.0L i6 is running 5psi more than the A90 stock boost pressure only reason for the difference. Same boost pressure my A90 MKV made 430whp. So tell me again how a low compression motor makes more power than a high compression motor with the same boost? :popcorn:
I don't know where you're getting the boost pressure numbers, but that's fine because you're absolutely right in terms of compression/boost/power. Just want to see if you still think the dyno chart is flawed.

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're moving the goal posts again. This all started when you said:

I said that was not true and you then told me to provide a dyno chart, which I have now done.

We are both on the same page about boost pressure and compression ratio, I even acknowledged that earlier but you may have missed it when I mentioned a comparison of 2 identical motors but one with a thicker head gasket being an all around less responsive motor (a thicker head gasket decreases compression ratio if you were wondering why I brought that up.) This is where your goal posts moved, you keep coming at me from that angle as if it justifies your earlier quote and as if I even remotely made the claim that a lower compression motor makes the same power as an equal motor with higher compression.

I get it, youre proud of your car. But no one is going to think less of you as a person or man to admit you're wrong, misinformed, or made a misjudgment.
Again, you missed the entirety of the debate. The new block will not make more power given the same boost pressure on the A90 B58C. 0.025 inch increase in head gasket thickness only lowers compression by around 0.5 points anyway. It's irrelevant though, as it's the final compression ratio that matters here. That being the A91 or 2021 models have a 10.2:1 while the A90 has 11.0:1. The only one moving the goal post is Toyota by using gimmicky sales tactics to hype up a poor selling platform. Simply adding frivolous bullshit upgrades and giving a lower compression motor 4-5psi more boost pressure to a factory tune isn't worth the added cost or hype IMHO, and most certainly doesn't prove that it's superior. If you look at the dyno charts you'll see how far Toyota moved the goal post, I'd say about 1,500 rpm worth pushed at the top where most people don't stay on the streets LMAO.

Adding the same PSI as the 2021 model on the A90 produces 420whp and 440 lb-ft. That's 32 more hp and and 19 lb-ft more torque than the 2021 model. The power and torque also come in 1,000-1,500 rpm sooner on the A90.
Sponsored