The Toyota Supra Owner's Club Event featuring Tetsuya Tada & the A90 (photos/videos)

Which Supra do you think looks the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
@A70TTR, is Toyota going to release official vids and pics from this event?
Good question, but being that there have been two other events that were slightly more low key with no pics or photos shared, possibly not.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone at the private event get to see the engine? I'm very curious on the orientation of that straight six. Wondering if Toyota used a different upper oil pan and sump system to make the motor sit straight rather than at an angle.

Those who are gonna flame me, please don't get your panties in a bunch, I know it doesn't affect performance...I just think an engine orientation sitting straight will give people plenty of room for adding bigger "snails."

FirstStateCamber

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 MKIV Supra, 09' 997.1TT, 15' Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone at the private event get to see the engine? I'm very curious on the orientation of that straight six. Wondering if Toyota used a different upper oil pan and sump system to make the motor sit straight rather than at an angle.

Those who are gonna flame me, please don't get your panties in a bunch, I know it doesn't affect performance...I just think an engine orientation sitting straight will give people plenty of room for adding bigger "snails."
I have no idea, but I feel like it's slanted because Tada San is claiming a lower COG than the 86. Seems like that would be even more difficult with a fully vertical motor. Honestly, I'm not sure how he did it without laying that straight six totally down on its side lol. Motor shouldn't be terribly heavy if it's CGI though.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

There is lots of space in engine compartment see picture below
24-Heures-du-Mans-2018-Toyota-TheAutomobilist-15.jpg

With the exhaust chose by Tada two turbo are installed in the engine compartment lots of place to replace by only one big turbo not?
36592197_233749840568731_6626793921051623424_n.jpg

It’s true y prefer also a motor sit straight rather than at an angle!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...ld-a-four-cylinder-supra/?src=socialflowFBRAT

Said by the man himself.

Spoiler alert : This one is for engine swaps.
Tada also elaborated, saying the four-cylinder Supra will be lighter, with "much better weight distribution" and a sharper-feeling turn-in. Tada also remarked that, for the Supra owners who plan to swap in a 2JZ engine, "please buy the four-cylinder. It will be cheaper."

Thanks for the link MLG!!! I would love to know if there is a 2JZ MKV lurking somewhere through some TMC "skunkworks." Imagine, a modern chassis with a legendary 2JZ....ohhhhh the possibilities.

This also might hint that Toyota may start reproducing discontinued 2JZ parts??? I know, it's wishful thinking, but gotta stay positive.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.