Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
No turned logging on after it happened but did not happen again

has happened only 3 times in 6k miles so far makes capturing rather difficult
understood. are you tuned or stock tune?

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I can make mine repeat the issue consistently.

Hereā€™s what I do: I drive in normal mode with all nannieā€™s on. On a dry (or wet) road I give it just enough gas to cause a momentary loss of traction. The next time the car comes to a stop I try to pull away from a stop normally and I get what feels like a dead pedal for about 2 seconds then the power comes back like normal.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Hereā€™s what I do: I drive in normal mode with all nannieā€™s on. On a dry (or wet) road I give it just enough gas to cause a momentary loss of traction. The next time the car comes to a stop I try to pull away from a stop normally and I get what feels like a dead pedal for about 2 seconds then the power comes back like normal.
Can you do it again with a log for Justin - @Twisted Tuning

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46

so youā€™re able to trigger this occurrence on a warmed up car? Assuming youā€™re not gunning it right after a cold startā€¦:D mine is typically after cold starts, but not limited to.

if what you observed can be replicated by the rest of us, the BMW dealer advice to the Z4 owner may be valid.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I have no means to log. And I can trigger it cold or warm. That being said my trip to work is only 15 min, so it typically happens on the colder side.
The thing is, with all nannieā€™s on, once the car exhibits any rear wheel spin, after the next stop it acts up. I can hit the TC button once and put the car in sport and the issue appears to go away.

itā€™s particularly egregious when Iā€™m turning a corner and I get any wheels spin at all dry or wet.

if everybody can try to replicate what I do and post back we can see what data we can gleam from that.

SkySupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
What makes this issue a little nerve-wracking is when you're trying to make a left turn from a complete stop and you thought you had enough of a gap between traffic turns out to be barely enough when your car decides to cross at a Yugo's pace for a couple seconds ?

A90.Trooper

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Finally had the issue happen while logging on a normal drive (of course it wouldnā€™t happen while purposely trying to replicate it)

Sent the logs to Justin so weā€™ll have to see what he says.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Finally had the issue happen while logging on a normal drive (of course it wouldnā€™t happen while purposely trying to replicate it)

Send it to all of us!

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Reactions: zrk

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What makes this issue a little nerve-wracking is when you're trying to make a left turn from a complete stop and you thought you had enough of a gap between traffic turns out to be barely enough when your car decides to cross at a Yugo's pace for a couple seconds ?
Totally. and Every time I think Iā€™ve figured out how to anticipate the occurrences, it pops a new surprise. I now experienced it in Sport mode too, and after the hesitation had already occurred at the start of the drive.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6

funny, i just opened your email. i'll keep you posted on if i see what im looking for. Thank you for the logs.

RedMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Red Supra
Mine does the same, not very often though. It did it intermittently in the first 1500 miles and went away until lately it started happening again (3600 miles). Iā€™m curious to see what we find out and if thereā€™s a fix for it.

I have a brand new jb4 just didnā€™t have a chance to install it yet, so canā€™t do any logging at the moment.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
my local dealer managed to open a case with HQ. After running some tests, they do not believe my issues to be mechanical, and requires a software change to address. Iā€™ve been advised to wait for a software update eta Sept.
Sponsored

Last edited: