U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Longo is gtg I think, but waiting list is INSANE
Sponsored

factsaboutrats

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LX570 2014 LandSmasher
I'm in Wisconsin. I'd love to sell you one but knowing Toyota they cater to CA way more then the Midwest. So I'd tell you to find someone in your area that's not marking them up and go with them. Honestly we don't know what we will get beyond a Launch Edition. Some well connected dealers might know more than me but officially all the dealers have been told is that the Supra was shown at the Detroit Show. I am an enthusiast and ask for info all the time but 99% of my info comes from the internet as they don't tell us anything.
It's not that they won't tell you, there is NO official guidance and no ordering process from Toyota at all. There's nothing to tell so far, and that's true nationwide. We on this forum know much more than the average dealership.

Heywood220

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 22 Tundra, 93 325i
^100% correct. I wish it was different but we all deal with what we are dealt. Good, bad, or indifferent. As you know for limited vehicles it not always a great system. For high volume vehicles their system works.

factsaboutrats

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^100% correct. I wish it was different but we all deal with what we are dealt. Good, bad, or indifferent. As you know for limited vehicles it not always a great system. For high volume vehicles their system works.
It's super tough to order and track any Toyota with any degree of accuracy, in my experience.

factsaboutrats

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So from what I have been told I have an ā€œallocationā€ and I have asked for white, but apparently I will not really have a choice and I may or may not get white.
Thereā€™s no way to truly input an order yet. When I take a deposit itā€™s basically for our own internal list at the dealership. When the ordering system opens in the summer those people will have their car input first and then what Toyota actually picks up is anyoneā€™s guess. Iā€™m telling people the same thing, that the car is not guaranteed and anytime they want the deposit back they can have it.

FirstStateCamber

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 MKIV Supra, 09' 997.1TT, 15' Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I just spoke to my local BMW dealer, they said I can get the car now, European delivery and free transport to the US once I am done in the Alps...

I see what happens at MY 2-3+ with a high line GRMN...

unpckr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S3, Tesla Model S P85
Hey guys, I called Steven Creek's Toyota in SF and they told me $10K ADM. I told them to F off. Interesting though because I believe they share ownership with Longo... Maybe it's the salesperson behind a jerk.

Just come buy one in Canada. Iā€™ve saw multiple dealers on social media stating they want people in this car to get Toyota/supra publicity and will do under msrp.
Hey BrettS, do you know which one in Canada? I'm from Canada (back and forth between US too) so I would love to explore this option!!

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I called Steven Creek's Toyota in SF and they told me $10K ADM. I told them to F off. Interesting though because I believe they share ownership with Longo... Maybe it's the salesperson behind a jerk.

Hey BrettS, do you know which one in Canada? I'm from Canada (back and forth between US too) so I would love to explore this option!!
Charleston Toyota in Calgary said they would price it at msrp.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
6mos after launch, there will be no more markup.

6mos after that, there will be discounts.
I canā€™t see dealerships having any sitting on their lots. Someone will pay the extra money. The car itself is pretty much sold out for 2019, according to insiders.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Longo Toyota mentioned something interesting, that the USA is only getting 190 units for this entire 2019 year (some of which he's positive they'll be getting), the rest will come early 2020. Would love to know if anyone has heard similar. He also made it seem like this first batch of the year will be the launch edition, and that Base / Premium would come in 2020.
While I can't speak to the actual truth to any of that, I can say that with 1500 Launch Editions coming, it seems unlikely they would only bring 13% of them in the 2019 calendar year, even moreso if that is all they will be bringing in model-wise. I mean it will probably only be 4-5 months of sales for CY19, but still. Maybe I'm wrong.

Jeff

cater

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 14 Toyota Tundra, 76 280Z, 10 Nissan GT-R
My $1000 deposit is in also at MSRP.

Reactions: JT

rob13567

First Name
Roberto
Threads