What map are you using? (JB4)

atxsupra

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
So I removed my JB4 and set everything to factory to go to the dealership for a recall.

When I tried to reapply the stage 3 map, I started getting errors and car went into limp mode.

Anyone else experience this? I've left they car stock since it happened a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I ran map 3 with success, slap in a catless dp and an intake and run map6 with a custom boost chart, you will see amazing gains but you will need the EWG harness for that, otherwise you won't hold the extra boost (18-19 psi to redline).
You get a cel code doing this?

gabeyts

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV
I've heard some people mention that map3 can cause overboosting issues. Is that true? For a stock car on 93, is map2 the safer option?
Map 3 definitely seems weird at times, I am not sure if I felt the trans slip, I am new to this whole car modding thing... I was running Map 3 but didn't plug the EWG in and my mechanic I asked to do it for me said JB4 is trash and blows engines. Lol.

Map 2 is what I am using for now and feels better and not like its taxing the engine. Map 3 sends hot air flowing through the footwell and one time had to keep the radiator running after hard pulls. Just my novice experience. No other mods btw. YMMV.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Map 3 definitely seems weird at times, I am not sure if I felt the trans slip, I am new to this whole car modding thing... I was running Map 3 but didn't plug the EWG in and my mechanic I asked to do it for me said JB4 is trash and blows engines. Lol.

Map 2 is what I am using for now and feels better and not like its taxing the engine. Map 3 sends hot air flowing through the footwell and one time had to keep the radiator running after hard pulls. Just my novice experience. No other mods btw. YMMV.
Ha! I feel ya there bud.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/warm-footwell-after-jb4-install.8170/

That said, mine was warm in the footwell after a handful of pulls to gather logs. I posted the logs on the BMS forum and hope to hear something today after they have a look over them. I'm not overly concerned about the "blown engine" mindset as the JB4 is an incredibly reliable platform with thousands of users. Sure, it can blow your engine but i'd argue that has a lot more to do with user error (pushing where they shouldn't etc) than basic off the shelf maps like 1 and 2.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
I'm running e40 and 21psi across the Rev range with a custom map 6 and no footwell heat or any other issues other than occasionally the module bugs out and throws random stupid errors that never return. It's not as good as a dedicated tune but it's a bandaid to hold us over until we can actually flash the DME, and as such is pretty decent.

MattPhantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I noticed something similar when running map 3 too. I plugged in the EWG and it seems a lot smoother. I think I read the EWG wasn't used in map 3 but maybe what they meant was that it wasn't required. Maybe it's all in my head.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
I am logging on map 2 currently with an AA catted downpipe and it feels really good. I haven't ventured past map 2 yet and honestly don't feel the need as I'm very happy with the performance as my daily driver.

I am going back and forth on removing it completely and just running stock for a while as I'm keeping an eye on the oil consumption issue affecting some 21 models (I'm at 1500 miles). I don't hammer on her but do some spirited driving and man this car is fun. I guess I'm just mildly paranoid and don't have much history with piggyback tunes so I'm slightly apprehensive.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I am logging on map 2 currently with an AA catted downpipe and it feels really good. I haven't ventured past map 2 yet and honestly don't feel the need as I'm very happy with the performance as my daily driver.

I am going back and forth on removing it completely and just running stock for a while as I'm keeping an eye on the oil consumption issue affecting some 21 models (I'm at 1500 miles). I don't hammer on her but do some spirited driving and man this car is fun. I guess I'm just mildly paranoid and don't have much history with piggyback tunes so I'm slightly apprehensive.
Same here. Map2 felt pretty good for me as well but I just updated to V19 and enabled the "throttle response" setting (they have it called wastegate position for some reason) - going to start running some logs soon. the first time i ran map3 on V18 without the throttle response set, the timings were all over the place.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Same here. Map2 felt pretty good for me as well but I just updated to V19 and enabled the "throttle response" setting (they have it called wastegate position for some reason) - going to start running some logs soon. the first time i ran map3 on V18 without the throttle response set, the timings were all over the place.
Let me know how it feels. I got a "you're good" response to map 2 but I haven't pushed past that. I saw the throttle response feature but haven't tested it yet. I'm content with how map 2 feels tbh but who doesn't want a lil more ;)
My map 2 timings were pretty in line with miminal timing adjustments so that's good at least.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Let me know how it feels. I got a "you're good" response to map 2 but I haven't pushed past that. I saw the throttle response feature but haven't tested it yet. I'm content with how map 2 feels tbh but who doesn't want a lil more ;)
My map 2 timings were pretty in line with miminal timing adjustments so that's good at least.
Sure thing. Going to go back for some more definitive dyno testing between Maps 1/2/3 as well within the next 30 days.

gabeyts

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV
I just upgraded to V19 and set DWP to 70, running Map 3. The recommended range is 60-80 per the app. Feels good to me. I haven't done any logging.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just upgraded to V19 and set DWP to 70. The recommended range is 60-80 per the app. Feels good to me. I haven't done any logging.
I'm going to when I get a chance. Have dragy now as well to see "real world" performance gains in terms of times. But I keep getting a CEL in Map 2 - 104302 absolute pressure sensor, intake manifold, plausibility, caster: pressure too low. Have to clear it every time, very obnoxious and no idea why it's happening.

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
I'm going to when I get a chance. Have dragy now as well to see "real world" performance gains in terms of times. But I keep getting a CEL in Map 2 - 104302 absolute pressure sensor, intake manifold, plausibility, caster: pressure too low. Have to clear it every time, very obnoxious and no idea why it's happening.
Ever figure it out?
Sponsored