XHP Reviews and Feedback!

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
It’s two separate systems. MHD flashing changes your ECU (engine control) while XHP changes your TCU (transmission control). There may however be tuners in the future that will be able to do custom maps for your ecu and tcu, to make them pair together more efficiently.

As far as them working together, the short answer is they do different things. Also, each one of them offer their own OTS maps.
Well yea I knew all of that, but something that xHP said in their write up was a little concerning. It was something to the effect of "This is why for optimal performance you do want an engine tune that does not use "bent torque values." Something like that is why I was wondering if anyone knew what tuners did or didn't use this "Bent Torque Values". I will do some more reading into what exactly they said.
Sponsored

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Well yea I knew all of that, but something that xHP said in their write up was a little concerning. It was something to the effect of "This is why for optimal performance you do want an engine tune that does not use "bent torque values." Something like that is why I was wondering if anyone knew what tuners did or didn't use this "Bent Torque Values". I will do some more reading into what exactly they said.
The ECU sends the current tq output to the transmission, the transmission uses that info to shift properly and can ask the ECU to reduce tq when needed.

Before the TCU tuning, tuners would modify the torque output tables to trick the TCU into doing things because we did not have the ability to tell the transmission to go above it’s set limits. Without the tricks the ECU/TCU would go into limp mode because limits were broken.

This is no longer required and if your tune does this you should have it fixed.

https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/line_pressure_vs_engine_torque/

Rylicz

First Name
Rylic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hi guys,

I’ve actually never posted here before so my words might not hold weight but I own a FBO A90 and a FBO F30. A lot of my experience is balanced between the track, canyons, and daily pushing BMW motors.

I have personal experience seeing xHP applied to an f30 with a b58 that was aggressively driven and used as a daily for years. What I can tell you is this:

• It is a mod that brought the car to life similar to what was experienced ecu tuning the b58.
  • We had 0 transmission problems on the f30 and didn’t hear of any friends having much either.
  • It endured a beating too - I’m talking high speed runs, canyon runs at high alt, driving it hard in reg city driving. The “reliable” upgraded hpfp gave problems before this did.

While this flash is seemingly new due to the recent release and variances in the zf trans that is offered in the BMW and Toyota applications, the guys at xHP have been reliably doing this for years. They could have rolled this out right away but took two years after the release of the car to do so.

I’m flashing my Supra this wknd and will let you know my immediate findings, but I’m pretty confident based on my experience and their track record so far.
Thought I could get around needing the Thor or orange mhd adapter (even though it was noted) so will have to wait until the specific adapter arrives. Sigh.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You should E-mail Fabian to see if he's doing any test/tuning of xHP along side his tunes.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Anyone experimenting with torque limits per gear?

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium & Evo X
I just ordered the orange mhd adapter. Going to give this a shot. I'll report back with my impressions when it shows up..

p0630034

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I was having the same issue on the 3-2 downshift, here’s what did the trick for me after contacting Xhp, btw they replied back really fast so their support people is doing their job!

i went with -15%

B3A341D1-174C-46AD-A274-F2E985409AF1.jpeg
Thanks for this information. -15% on 3-2 blips solved the issues.

Xannyy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Not sure if this is a dumb question just never used any of these programs on a locked ecu before , I got a 21, currently using jb4, I see this uses ur ob port also does that mean you need like a splitter ? Or do you flash and then plug jb4 back in? Anyone using this in conjunction with the jb4 or is this going to be its replacement? Just new to these programs seeking thoughts not to familiar on this new stuff , thank you guys

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Not sure if this is a dumb question just never used any of these programs on a locked ecu before , I got a 21, currently using jb4, I see this uses ur ob port also does that mean you need like a splitter ? Or do you flash and then plug jb4 back in? Anyone using this in conjunction with the jb4 or is this going to be its replacement? Just new to these programs seeking thoughts not to familiar on this new stuff , thank you guys
You’ll just unplug the JB4 and plug whatever dongle you choose to use that is compatible with XHP into the obd port to flash. After you’re done flashing, plug your JB4 back in. JB4 “tricks” the ECU (engine control unit), this flash is for the TCU (transmission control unit). They’re two different “brain boxes”.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
You’ll just unplug the JB4 and plug whatever dongle you choose to use that is compatible with XHP into the obd port to flash. After you’re done flashing, plug your JB4 back in. JB4 “tricks” the ECU (engine control unit), this flash is for the TCU (transmission control unit). They’re two different “brain boxes”.
This is ~generally correct, but to add a little bit of clarification, the TCM flash is a flash. The modifies the firmware on the device, just like an ECU flash, or updating your iPhone software. When it's done it's done, and the dongle is no longer needed.

JB4 needs that OBD connection because it uses it to get data from the ECU so the piggyback can do its thing. It needs to be connected all the time.

Like @Supra_Cop said, once it's flash, toss the dongle in a tool box and you're done.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I've seen many people liking the M throttle blips feature that is on the Stage 3 map. Can anyone explain what it does exactly? Is it just more throttle applied during downshifts? What is the benefit of it?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Tested on my 2021 Supra. Looks like the 2021s don’t have yet the custom settings since their firmware is different than the 2020s so using ots stage 3 for now. The shifts in sport mode are way faster and and crisper, did notice a bit difference (faster)in comfort. The only con is that the downshift from 3-2 in sport mode the car surges forward as if the rev match isn’t correctly matched to the speed of the car. Hopefully Xhp will fix that in the next update. My car has 602 so the accelerated wear was there already so 🤷🏻‍♂️. And yes it will work with the mhd Orange adapter.
Didn't know even the tranny's had different firmwares between the years.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I've seen many people liking the M throttle blips feature that is on the Stage 3 map. Can anyone explain what it does exactly? Is it just more throttle applied during downshifts? What is the benefit of it?
I can see it blip throttle after/during the downshift depending on how strong the values are. Open up your sport guages and you can see this in real time… probably hear it too.

Jayson415PR

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2003 Toyota Mr2
Didn't know even the tranny's had different firmwares between the years.
I didn’t knew this either until my friend with a 2020 Supra and my 2021 were flashed with a couple of minutes apart. His 2020 we could play with all the settings and my 2021 we couldn’t. The very next day Xhp came with a firmware update and all was fixed.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
I didn’t knew this either until my friend with a 2020 Supra and my 2021 were flashed with a couple of minutes apart. His 2020 we could play with all the settings and my 2021 we couldn’t. The very next day Xhp came with a firmware update and all was fixed.

How do you like it? car stock or tuned?
Sponsored