2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Dyno Results

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
So for those with 2020's, should we be upset? butthurt? disappointed that literally in less than 1/2 year the 2021 produce more power and other little nicknacs? Im Happy with my 2020 but I have to admit....that Dyno chart is impressive. Lots of potential for the 2021 motor.
Not really bothered by it. I've got the car I wanted and have been enjoying it since day 1. I'm one of those that can't leave things stock so power figures on mine are already well above what the '21 is putting down. The handling complaints I've heard about it from some of these reviews, can't say I share their sentiment. Car felt pretty good to me, just waiting to get some more track time in with it.
Sponsored

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
The 2021 will be under MSRP in 6 months too when the 2022 are announced lol. It's the way of things.
The MSRP isn't changing that much, if any for the regular models. I can see the A91 costing a little more because of the spoiler. If they sold every single Supra on the lot, maybe, but not now. Besides, the cost for the car didn't increase.
Difference is when you tune, and something happens, you'll be paying out of pocket for a new engine. The '21 owners staying stock won't.

You only notice the difference going balls out at a track or drag strip. Daily driving you're never going to feel the power difference.

You know only 400 are being imported this summer right? Thats gonna make the new model very rare for sure.

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
Until they import the rest of 2021 models.
Correct but with the way things are going with COVID it may be more of if they do and not when.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
So for those with 2020's, should we be upset? butthurt? disappointed that literally in less than 1/2 year the 2021 produce more power and other little nicknacs? Im Happy with my 2020 but I have to admit....that Dyno chart is impressive. Lots of potential for the 2021 motor.
100+ hp is just a tune away. I paid $5500 below msrp. No regrets.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I think it's this one starting at 12:30. The 2020 is stock but was salvaged

That is a solid pull! 40-140 its gonna be a bus, maybe a 1.5.... once tuning gets it, the gap (equally modded) is gonna be even bigger. 21ā€™s are the deal!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
That is a solid pull! 40-140 its gonna be a bus, maybe a 1.5.... once tuning gets it, the gap (equally modded) is gonna be even bigger. 21ā€™s are the deal!
well, when I sell my Acura. I can pick up a 2021. Lol. Turn the 2020 into race track? lol

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I will say this: it would be nice if Toyota allows 2020 owners to be still under warranty on just on a reflash(we pay ourself)...... That alone would be make super happy. Thatā€™s the LEAST they can do.... I mean I donā€™t think itā€™s asking too much... I donā€™t mean downpipe, Intake, and etc. just a simple reflash on pump gas. No e50/e85. Thatā€™s all. What yā€™all think? It would definitely make the PR alittle better with the 2020 owners.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I will say this: it would be nice if Toyota allows 2020 owners to be still under warranty on just on a reflash(we pay ourself)...... That alone would be make super happy. Thatā€™s the LEAST they can do.... I mean I donā€™t think itā€™s asking too much... I donā€™t mean downpipe, Intake, and etc. just a simple reflash on pump gas. No e50/e85. Thatā€™s all. What yā€™all think? It would definitely make the PR alittle better with the 2020 owners.
Wouldnt that be nice, not on this planet though lol
I love my Supra, but as soon as a 21 comes in town; Im trading up. Or by that time I may already be looking at something different. I want another Audi or maybe spring for that Porsche ive been eyeing

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
The problem with this is, define "reflash." Unless it comes specifically from Toyota, how do you warranty that? How do you determine what flashes are covered, which ones aren't? How do you determine which tuners are covered? How do you figure out what's acceptable in a flash and what's not? Do you specifically call out fields that can and cannot be modified? What about a piggyback - is that significantly different?

All that requires a lot of research and a lot of time (which is to say it's expensive). There's just too many legal questions to work out with that. Unless, like I said, it comes directly from Toyota, and has to be done by a Toyota dealer. Then it's easier, but they'd have to research what settings to use for longevity/etc., even with that.

Not to say I wouldn't love it. But it won't happen because legal will burn it with fire immediately upon seeing any mention of this.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
The problem with this is, define "reflash." Unless it comes specifically from Toyota, how do you warranty that? How do you determine what flashes are covered, which ones aren't? How do you determine which tuners are covered? How do you figure out what's acceptable in a flash and what's not? Do you specifically call out fields that can and cannot be modified? What about a piggyback - is that significantly different?

All that requires a lot of research and a lot of time (which is to say it's expensive). There's just too many legal questions to work out with that. Unless, like I said, it comes directly from Toyota, and has to be done by a Toyota dealer. Then it's easier, but they'd have to research what settings to use for longevity/etc., even with that.

Not to say I wouldn't love it. But it won't happen because legal will burn it with fire immediately upon seeing any mention of this.
It would have to a be a tune from Toyota for sure.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Also, where do they draw the line? If they increase power again, does everyone get another retune? What if they put the S58 in the car, does the warranty cover it after it is swapped?
Sponsored