A91-MT buyers, what are you ACTUALLY paying?

What's the total damage?

• Under MSRP

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • MSRP

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • $1-5K over

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • $6-9K over

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • $10-14K over

• $15-19K over

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • $20-24K over

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • $25-30K over

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • A secret I'm taking to the grave

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Yeah - I thought the HUD was standard equipment on the A91-MT and 3.0 Premium. However, the Toyota website specs list it as "available" in these models. Not available in 3.0 or 2.0.

I've put almost 500 miles on my A91-MT over the past few days. Thought I'd miss the adaptive cruise control function my 2020 3.0 Premium had. I used it all the time. I suspect it's not available with the MT. Anyone know?
It does not, according to Toyota. That's a tough one to integrate with a manual trans.
Sponsored

omfgzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z4
who in the hell is getting it MSRP? I'm getting 15K markups everywhere I find an MT edition. cant even get a auto without a 5k markup.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
who in the hell is getting it MSRP? I'm getting 15K markups everywhere I find an MT edition. cant even get a auto without a 5k markup.
There are definitely some MSRP-only dealers getting A91-MT allocations, but I feel like since this is an enthusiast forum, there's some bias since members here are more likely to call 50+ dealers to get the best deal they can on a car. If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure less than 30% of A91-MT's were/will be purchased at MSRP. Probably even lower if you remove MSRP + goofy dealer-installed packages or required warranties.

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
MSRP and no bull dealer add ons. One of the very first if not only dealer in DMV with honesty. My deposit was placed in early May before the "official" announcement of A91-MT

Upcoming every daily ride GR Corolla @MSRP as well

goldlifter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
there is no verifiability to the pollā€¦.notice there are 3 that voted ā€œunder msrpā€. If there was a ā€œ$10k UNDER MSRPā€ option, i could click it but it wouldnt make it truešŸ¤£. I paid over msrp gladly as there wont be as many manuals made as i think many people are thinkingā€¦..

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Every dealer Iā€™ve inquired on is only adding 5k.

OP
OP
FuzzyRev

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
there is no verifiability to the pollā€¦.notice there are 3 that voted ā€œunder msrpā€. If there was a ā€œ$10k UNDER MSRPā€ option, i could click it but it wouldnt make it truešŸ¤£. I paid over msrp gladly as there wont be as many manuals made as i think many people are thinkingā€¦..
As one of the three that selected that choice, I can easily provide proof if someone can't sleep until they see it. I originally had the poll set to have the votes visible, but changed it to private and then realized couldn't change it back. Oops.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah, like @goldlifter said, even in an anonymous poll, people aren't going to readily admit to paying over MSRP. There may also be people who said they are paying MSRP who are sitting on a waitlist while people willing to pay over MSRP jump the line. I know dealers for other makes that do allocations jerk the MSRP buyers around when there is more demand than allocations.

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi TTS FinalEdition & SupraPro Special Edition
Have just ordered Matte White Special edition in the Uk, works out at Ā£52k pounds includsing a 3.5k discount, which is around $59k only 1k cheaper than on the US toyota's site. In the UK though the special edition is priced at the same price as the std 3.0 pro version

Interestingly in the Uk this includes the Driver Assist addon and also no extra for the Burnout paint finish, these latter two in the US cost an extra $1195 and $1645?

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT
My markup was right around 9k in Northern Cali. It was either get it or put on a list with people that wouldn't get an A91. I'm okay with it especially when I see how screwy Type R's are right now lolol.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I donā€™t see anyone getting below MSRP considering the used market, why would they sell for less than MSRP when used value remains top dollar - it makes zero business sense for any dealer to sell below sticker. Selling above MSRP makes used values higher.

Reveal the liars under MSRP for a semi public lashing! Hahahaha

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
There are definitely some MSRP-only dealers getting A91-MT allocations, but I feel like since this is an enthusiast forum, there's some bias since members here are more likely to call 50+ dealers to get the best deal they can on a car. If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure less than 30% of A91-MT's were/will be purchased at MSRP. Probably even lower if you remove MSRP + goofy dealer-installed packages or required warranties.
This!!!!
Getting MSRP may mean going out of state to find the right dealer.
Dealers selling at MSRP sell their allocations quickly while dealers with high markups don't. Hence the saturation of over priced cars.

goldlifter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
While I had an emotional reaction to paying over msrp, my emotions mean fuck nothing compared to the laws of supply and demand. The auto production market and used auto market is a different animal than it was pre Covid(and has likely changed the production model forever). With parts shortages, worker shortages and governmental limitations, moving forward, the "SUGGESTED" part of MSRP is going to be merely a footnote. Ultimately the laws of supply and demand win out. The fact a car sells for over MSRP is a compliment to what the vehicle offers. Having had a few C8s as well as owning every generation of corvette prior, there has never been a corvette that punched above its price point as much as the C8 has, hence, the prices being over MSRP on the used market 4 years after its launch.

semantics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Guess what happens when you try to buy out of state... they suddenly tell you the car is sold (since selling out of state is more paperwork for them), or the car will cost more for you than someone local because you're a special snowflake that wants THEIR car while being hundreds or thousands of miles away. Fact is if you live in a place like CA, outside of limited exceptions like Longo and literally a handful of other dealers, NO ONE is letting these go for MSRP.

I called every state in the union, literally, and out of state wasn't ever a serious option once you accounted for the mark-ups and transportation cost. These things are hugely in-demand.
Sponsored