First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Hi guys
2022 supra here, have a catless downpipe intake and meth with a bm3 tune
Tried to accelerate 3rd gear on highway and completely lost throttle response. Nothing at all. I press the accelerator and car wouldnt respond. Had to stop completely to side of highway and turn off the car and on and everything is normal. No lights on dash and no codes. Any idea?
Sponsored

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
Sounds like good ol limp mode, it happens, interesting no lights came on. Without a log when it happened, can only guess the cause. I would chalk it up as fluke for now, and worry ab it if it ever happens again.

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
Like literally zero throttle? That's not limp mode, limp just limited to 4psi of boost. A complete loss of throttle isn't normal.
Actually curious ab this too.. just assumed being a little dramatic with the wording, but maybe I’m wrong.

OP
OP

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Literally no throttle zero! It is like the car turned off but everything was on.

OP
OP

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Like literally zero throttle? That's not limp mode, limp just limited to 4psi of boost. A complete loss of throttle isn't normal.
I have a feeling its the xhp tune acting up

OP
OP

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Yes i have a catless downpipe, intake, running 100% meth and doing a custom base tune with f80 paul. Still didnt do the logs for final tune.
XHP is a lot of things, but it's not going to shut the car off. You're tuned, do you have a log?

OP
OP

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Yes i have a catless downpipe, intake, running 100% meth and doing a custom base tune with f80 paul. Still didnt do the logs for final tune.
Sorry forgot to say tuned on bootmod3

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
Overheating maybe.

OP
OP

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Overheating maybe.
Temps were fine.
No codes or lights.
I run methanol for cooling.

here’s what i think happened.. for a brief second the TC interfered and cut the power and a glitch happened that I lost all power and throttle response due to a glitch in the bm3 map. Atleast that’s what i think, who knows?

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I had a Saturn Ion Redline and that’s exactly what limp mode did on that car…

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Actually curious ab this too.. just assumed being a little dramatic with the wording, but maybe I’m wrong.
a limp mode can and will kill all pedal input once it limps out. Its a safety response to save the engine and car. Although not necessarily safe if it happens in oncoming traffic, but depending on what it limped out for, you will get a dead pedal.

OP - try forcing it to do it again, limp mode will absolutely put something on the idrive. And 98% of the time will throw code associated with the limp mode telling what the reason is. you have to read codes before turning off the car otherwise it will clear the code.

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Crazy enough I’ve actually had this happen. Noticed it when I had all the safety’s on (trac control, VSC etc) you possibly lost traction and the computer saw an went straight to stupid mode. I’ve noticed now if I shut them all off I no longer have this issue. I’ve had to stop in the middle of the damn road, turn it off wait 30sec then restart once everything cycles down.

OP
OP

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Crazy enough I’ve actually had this happen. Noticed it when I had all the safety’s on (trac control, VSC etc) you possibly lost traction and the computer saw an went straight to stupid mode. I’ve noticed now if I shut them all off I no longer have this issue. I’ve had to stop in the middle of the damn road, turn it off wait 30sec then restart once everything cycles down.
interesting which model year you got? Is it tuned? Mods?
Sponsored