Error messages after alignment

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
So I just got back from getting an alignment done (third party) besides the fact that pretty much every measurement was out of whack. After the tech gave the car back to me he informed me pretty much every malfunction came on the infotainment system and the steering wheel is a bit off center. Has anyone else had this issue post alignment? I'm guessing/hoping I have to take it to the dealer to recalibrate a few things..

PXL_20211117_164512470.jpg

PXL_20211117_163019219.jpg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm confused, nobody has the issue I'm describing in those posts.
My bad. Tried to reply while I'm busy. They're recommended alignment settings. Your's didn't look right. Just pointing that out. Don't have solution for error messages. I'd reset them turn off car. Wait turn on...

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
someone hit a sensor while working on it. If no real damage it may reset. otherwise you need to see what they did. I have track aligned mine twice so far with zero issues.

edit: any competent shop should be able to keep wheel straight. you loosen one and turn another, then tighten first.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Wow, I would never go back to that third party shop if they can’t even get the alignment close to spec.

Errors look like a sensor issue. Not sure if the ride height sensor being disconnected can cause those errors but it’s one of the most common sensors that either people either forget to reconnect or break. I would check all sensors and wires.

OP
OP
Escapist

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
someone hit a sensor while working on it. If no real damage it may reset. otherwise you need to see what they did. I have track aligned mine twice so far with zero issues.

edit: any competent shop should be able to keep wheel straight. you loosen one and turn another, then tighten first.
Yea.. this was Tire Kingdom, a brand new location mind you with modern equipment. The tech was telling me because my power steering is electronic, he wasn't able to center it for one reason or another. I'm going to drive around for a bit and see if the warning indicators go off at least.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Yea.. this was Tire Kingdom, a brand new location mind you with modern equipment. The tech was telling me because my power steering is electronic, he wasn't able to center it for one reason or another. I'm going to drive around for a bit and see if the warning indicators go off at least.
Baloney. I'd ask for money back. It literally take 30 secs to center the steering.

OP
OP
Escapist

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Baloney. I'd ask for money back. It literally take 30 secs to center the steering.
We'll see what happens tomorrow, they'll look at it again in the morning. Lights didn't go off after the drive. From what I've briefly researched on BMW forums, it sounds like the malfunction notifications are coming on due to the position of the steering wheel. 6 out of the 7 warnings are Driver Assist related, the 7th is a chassis error.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Well if they can't figure it out I hope they pay to get it fixed.

OP
OP
Escapist

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All is well now, initially I thought the tech just forgot to reset the steering angle sensor. He couldn't do it anyway because for some reason the Hunter systems didn't recognize my car. He was able to center the steering wheel, took it for a test drive, upon taking a U-turn all the notifications disappeared. Disaster averted.

PXL_20211118_143204431.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: