For those waiting for their supras

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So I see a lot of people on Facebook saying they’re putting in deposits for 22 and 23 MY supras. Is it the fact that the ones shown on carvana and stuff are used and the prices that are being asked or is carvanas inventory not updated correctly and most of them actually aren’t in stock?
I know some people don’t want to pay new price for a used car but with wait times right now I was just curious.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
It's probably just me, but I believe Carvana only sells used cars..?

I believe in many things that have no logic so.. :dunno:

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
It's probably just me, but I believe Carvana only sells used cars..?

I believe in many things that have no logic so.. :dunno:
Lol I know that haha I was just curious why people would rather wait 6 months to a year vs buying used or if those used ones on carvana actually aren’t available

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So, my experience with Carvana from a buyer standpoint is:
You find the car you like.
Page tells you, car can arrive in 3 days.
You're like yiey! You get all your ducks in a row.
You click on buy, go through all the steps.
It tells you, your delivery date is December....

Also, I took an interest in a car back in October 2021. 2 weeks ago it became available again :D
I'm clueless as to how that happens..

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Yeah and you’re on the hook for $700 if you return the car once it arrives bc it’s not what you expected.

However, I’m just not a person to ever buy a car sight unseen… too difficult to determine the real condition in a photo.

Last edited:

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
it depends on what people are actually looking for

I am looking for a Base 3.0 in Nitro Yellow ... Nitro Yellow is pretty rare as it is (at least on East Coast) and most that are for sale are all Premiums

the other thing is pricing, dealers asking $58k+ for a 2021 Premiums with 5k+ miles and not willing to negotiate or give me more for my 2021 2.0 Absolute in perfect condition with 4k miles and paint protection?

just means I'll wait as long as I have to and get my 3.0 base in Nitro when I get it.

Used car market also sucks. It's only good for a Seller right now, IF you cn find a buyer.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
it depends on what people are actually looking for

I am looking for a Base 3.0 in Nitro Yellow ... Nitro Yellow is pretty rare as it is (at least on East Coast) and most that are for sale are all Premiums

the other thing is pricing, dealers asking $58k+ for a 2021 Premiums with 5k+ miles and not willing to negotiate or give me more for my 2021 2.0 Absolute in perfect condition with 4k miles and paint protection?

just means I'll wait as long as I have to and get my 3.0 base in Nitro when I get it.

Used car market also sucks. It's only good for a Seller right now, IF you cn find a buyer.
May I ask why you're looking for the BASE and not the Premium? New or used?

Reactions: zrk

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
May I ask why you're looking for the BASE and not the Premium? New or used?
New or Used for reasonable price/miles

there are differences and features they make standard on Premium from Base that I don't really care for.

I'm fairly happy with my fully optioned 2.0. I'm not rich and Premium would put me out of comfort zone payment wise.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Yeah and you’re on the hook for $700 if you return the car once it arrives bc it’s not what you expected.

However, I’m just not a person to ever buy a car sight unseen… too difficult to determine the real condition in a photo.
Is this new?

I bought a car on Carvana maybe 8 months ago. It took about 10 days to get delivered. After 2 days I didn't enjoy the car. Gave it back to Carvana free of charge, and they even gave me back the car I sold them.

It was actually a really pleasant experience dealing with them

AdamP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
too many
I'm currently waiting. I put $500 down that's refundable if I don't like the car. There is zero mark up, as some places I've seen 5, 7, and 13% on MSRP. I personally just don't want a used car. Who know who had it and what the car was used for. Not to mention the cheapest white 3.0 is almost MSRP with 15k miles on carvana.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I bought a car on Carvana maybe 8 months ago. It took about 10 days to get delivered. After 2 days I didn't enjoy the car. Gave it back to Carvana free of charge, and they even gave me back the car I sold them.

It was actually a really pleasant experience dealing with them
Looks like you were just in time, considering they are banned from doing business in Illinois right now.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
Carvana and the like works out for some people but some have had bumpy experiences. Used market is still high, too close to new MSRP prices in many cases. Unless you find something specific you are after in the used market, or can't fight the need for instant gratification, I suppose that is a OK path. The wise choice is finding a dealer honoring MSRP (or less) that can get you an allocation on a desirable config, and wait. I hear that half of my dealers' incoming inventory is pre-sold currently. So it is best to start the process and be patient.

pandaman

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
Lol I know that haha I was just curious why people would rather wait 6 months to a year vs buying used or if those used ones on carvana actually aren’t available
I'm not sure about others but I wanted a new one because of the general nature of these machines. They get pushed very hard by a lot of people and for all I know they were chasing 10 second quarter miles and just stripped all of the bolt ons before reselling it. Combine that with the fact that new is actually cheaper than used in most places and it was a situation where I was willing to wait. I found a dealership that would sell it to me for MSRP and put a deposit down. Once I drove it, I pulled the trigger.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Carvana is going under, just google them and you’ll see what’s going on…good luck getting a title…
Sponsored