First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
I re watched the video in high detail paying close attention his passenger is really short or is a quadriplegic because i see no legs. Or she was in the trunk?

On a more serious note I'd like to purchase the chairs and several interior pieces. Maybe even the motor if it's intact which i think it is.

upload_2019-9-29_7-41-44.png

Haha. Just to explain, Fiona was driving the Blue S2000 that you could see in the rear view video. I didnā€™t have a passenger... obviously.
Iā€™m currently not selling the car for parts, still waiting on insurance to get back to me, but I will likely see the car off privately as I already have a few offers. Keep you all posted!
Sponsored

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I re watched the video in high detail paying close attention his passenger is really short or is a quadriplegic because i see no legs. Or she was in the trunk?

On a more serious note I'd like to purchase the chairs and several interior pieces. Maybe even the motor if it's intact which i think it is.

upload_2019-9-29_7-41-44.png
I was going to guess she was on the hood... :rofl:

maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Well, I was depressed for quite a while, but there comes a time where you gotta just suck it up and move on.
Thankfully, with track insurance being very cooperative and my new best friend Guff picking up the wrecked gray car, I was able to get back into it with this, the TA90.2!

48854012187_77aab97a23_k.jpg

This specific Supra is a base model with zero additional options or packages, i.e. No radar cruise control, no parking sensors, no fancy big display, no CF/red mirror caps, no painted brake calipers, and so on. Curiously the only performance difference on this compared to the Premium/LE is the rear rotor size, being only 330x20 instead of the 345/24 on the Premium and LE. This car was listed at $51900 MSRP in Florida, and after fees and registration it was just over 56k. All things considered, really not bad. I flew down on a Friday, picked her up, and drove her back to our base in Michigan. Took a slight detour to break the car in at Tail of the Dragons and boy was it fun!

48853822766_2d06dd575e_k.jpg

As far as goals go, they remain the same: we are still trying to get this A90 to match a GT4-spec race car's laptime while staying on 200tw street tires, and all the mods from the gray car (except lug studs and one gashed tire) will carry over. The month of October will be absolutely crazy, as we try to squeeze in big aero, braking upgrades, proper adjustable suspensions, more power, testing and tuning, and livery and more, all before GTA Finals at Buttonwillow CW13 in November, where 6-7 other A90's have entered in the same Street class. It will be a real Battle Royale. I can't wait to share more with you guys, and hope to keep you all very updated on this one!

P.S. One last hurrah to remember the O.G. TA90. Please go follow Guff's journey to repair the gray car here!

48854012252_c9d6983edd_k.jpg

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
Well, I was depressed for quite a while, but there comes a time where you gotta just suck it up and move on.
Thankfully, with track insurance being very cooperative and my new best friend Guff picking up the wrecked gray car, I was able to get back into it with this, the TA90.2!

48854012187_77aab97a23_k.jpg

This specific Supra is a base model with zero additional options or packages, i.e. No radar cruise control, no parking sensors, no fancy big display, no CF/red mirror caps, no painted brake calipers, and so on. Curiously the only performance difference on this compared to the Premium/LE is the rear rotor size, being only 330x20 instead of the 345/24 on the Premium and LE. This car was listed at $51900 MSRP in Florida, and after fees and registration it was just over 56k. All things considered, really not bad. I flew down on a Friday, picked her up, and drove her back to our base in Michigan. Took a slight detour to break the car in at Tail of the Dragons and boy was it fun!

48853822766_2d06dd575e_k.jpg

As far as goals go, they remain the same: we are still trying to get this A90 to match a GT4-spec race car's laptime while staying on 200tw street tires, and all the mods from the gray car (except lug studs and one gashed tire) will carry over. The month of October will be absolutely crazy, as we try to squeeze in big aero, braking upgrades, proper adjustable suspensions, more power, testing and tuning, and livery and more, all before GTA Finals at Buttonwillow CW13 in November, where 6-7 other A90's have entered in the same Street class. It will be a real Battle Royale. I can't wait to share more with you guys, and hope to keep you all very updated on this one!

P.S. One last hurrah to remember the O.G. TA90. Please go follow Guff's journey to repair the gray car here!

48854012252_c9d6983edd_k.jpg
Happy for you man! You will only get better from that crash. Keep up the good work. I'm already an instant fan!

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Awesome!
Keen to hear any track-work implications of the smaller rear rotors :)

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Awesome!
Keen to hear any track-work implications of the smaller rear rotors :)
We took the entire thing apart, the rear caliper looks like the same thing, but the rotor is visibly smaller. Since we don't have a premium to compare it to directly, we are suspecting that the difference is the rotor itself and the rear brake caliper bracket. We should be able order the larger rear brake set up very easily (from either BMW or Toyota), and this time I will have upgraded rear brake pads coming also!

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Update on the TA90 Version 2...

The car is currently located in Canada getting a major aero rework. I was very happy with the high speed stability of the car at tracks like Road Atlanta, but it was clear that with a bit more downforce, we could get it around the track even quicker.

To tackle this project, we have partnered up with Spage Sport to produce our own PhD-branded aero products. Spage may be a new name to many of you, but the man behind it has been involved in many previous projects, including building most of (what used to be) one of the fastest Time Attack car in North America, and the current front wheel drive record holder at Tsukuba...

48875809262_8ce4732d73_c.jpg

Yep, Spage did most of the CF bodywork on this car including the front wing.

Alex from Spage has already started work on the car. Currently we have multiple products planned, including a street-friendly front lip and rear duck tail, all the way up to vented CF front clamshell, front splitter, and swan neck GT wing. When things are complete, I will post up the updates!

48875790667_3f5a089d30_c.jpg

Fun fact: the front clamshell, as big as it looks, only weights 37.1 lbs on our scale. Pretty insane to be honest.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
That's awesome. I've seen that car at our local time attack in Sydney.

Following with keen interest! I'm also debating 18 vs 19" wheels - given the 19" still have a respectable 35 profile tyre...

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
Update on the TA90 Version 2...

The car is currently located in Canada getting a major aero rework. I was very happy with the high speed stability of the car at tracks like Road Atlanta, but it was clear that with a bit more downforce, we could get it around the track even quicker.

To tackle this project, we have partnered up with Spage Sport to produce our own PhD-branded aero products. Spage may be a new name to many of you, but the man behind it has been involved in many previous projects, including building most of (what used to be) one of the fastest Time Attack car in North America, and the current front wheel drive record holder at Tsukuba...

48875809262_8ce4732d73_c.jpg

Yep, Spage did most of the CF bodywork on this car including the front wing.

Alex from Spage has already started work on the car. Currently we have multiple products planned, including a street-friendly front lip and rear duck tail, all the way up to vented CF front clamshell, front splitter, and swan neck GT wing. When things are complete, I will post up the updates!

48875790667_3f5a089d30_c.jpg

Fun fact: the front clamshell, as big as it looks, only weights 37.1 lbs on our scale. Pretty insane to be honest.
AMAZING!

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Soooo you crash a car and your solution is to make a faster car by adding aero and so on so you can crash at higher speeds?
That makes total sense.
If you can't handle the car as is, aero, or any upgrades that push the car to a higher level, is the last option you should take. You need to work on your skill by taking advanced driving courses.
The car is already more capable than you are, so why would you widen that gap even more?
... Seems like the hateful YouTube comments have followed me here. Ha.

The plan had always been to upgrade my A90 Supra, crash or not. This setback just meant we might as well go for it. I had felt very comfortable pushing the Supra and driving it on its limits until the crash, and I will continue to feel comfortable driving it at the limit in the near future. The fact that I crashed does mean I should be more diligent, but I'm definitely ready for a little more performance.

The crash itself was straightforward, I made a mistake and dipped a wheel on the grass, and it sucked me into the tire barrier. If you'd watched the Japanese GP this past weekend, you would've seen Mr. Robert Kubica making the exact same mistake with the exact same outcome.

The Mk5 is a very capable platform and a great car. But as a former open wheel racer, I think I can handle it just fine :)

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
There's absolutely nothing hateful about my comment.
I wouldn't be so quick to use Kubica as an example, as he's by far the worst and slowest driver on the grid at the moment. And that's saying something with the likes of Stroll on there too lol.
Also, an F1 car crashing out at a very windy qualifying and a Supra crashing out during some hot laps are two VERY different things.
Why are you a FORMER open wheel racer? If the skill is there, wouldn't you be a CURRENT open wheel racer?
Maybe step down the ego a little bit mr. former open wheel racer.
Former open wheel driver, since racing open wheel costs a lot of money, which I honestly didn't have.
But sure, I will take a step back here. There was no ego involved, I just think I'd do fine with driving and modifying my own Supra, as well as sharing the progress and what we can do together to those who'd like to know!

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
I don't think Jackie was even going that fast when he crashed the Supra, at least not from the video that I recall. I'd say this was the kind of mistake any driver can make at any speed, and thankfully this was lower speed. You can debate whether or not this was inattention, inexperience, bad luck, etc but I have seen plenty of drivers get in trouble like that.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That's exactly my point. It happened at a lower speed. Imagine that turn is 50 mph, you mess up, you have a few seconds to react and maybe save it, scrub some speed, impact is 30-35 mph.
Now the car has aero, upgraded suspension, and so on, and the car now takes the same turn at 80 mph. Now if you mess up, you have less time to react, you scrub less speed, and the impact is a lot harder. And maybe you end up taking someone else with you, and ruin their car too.
Go Google Ayrton Senna driving the Honda NSX around Suzuka. He's driving the crap out of that car, and it's effortless. Why? Because he's better than the car. His limits are higher than the car. If the car has higher limits than the driver, that's when crashes like these happen. Over driving, over confidence, etc. So in my opinion, the worst thing a driver in that position should do, is make the car even faster. The driver should bring himself to the level of the car first, preferably past it, and then bring the car up to match.

But that's just me.
Keyboard warrior is it your money? No. Is it your time being used? No. Is it your project? No. Are you the one taking on the risk? No. So why does it matter or concern you so much.
Sponsored