First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Were you ever able to successfully test the Antigravity H6-60-RS Lithium Battery? Or are you still using the OE?
Any luck with the 60 AH?
Yep, I've had pretty good luck with my H6-60-RS 60Ah battery lately. The car ran fine with it.
One thing I would like to note, these cars have an interesting charging strategy so when you're driving under full load, the battery isn't charging. So if my car is sitting half the time and out on track, full throttle the other half of the time, the battery doesn't get charged.
For that reason, I've usually been leaving it on battery charger while it's sitting in the shop between events. But when I'm street driving it like an usual person, it works perfectly fine. Highly recommended mod for sure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
What about cooling Jackie how are you managing IAT's ?

My car goes up to 65C casually with heat exchangers, aux radiators and methanol :( with a Pure800 on the street
IAT is, to me, the biggest limiting factor with our car at the moment as well. Personally I don't have methanol injection, but your feedback kinda proves that meth doesn't exactly help massively either.
We're working on our new intake manifold w/ much larger intercooler with AMS, I'm hoping that we'll hear something about it from their R&D department soon. Keep you guys posted.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
We're working on our new intake manifold w/ much larger intercooler with AMS, I'm hoping that we'll hear something about it from their R&D department soon. Keep you guys posted.
I think ETS is also making a new intake manifold as well.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Yep, I've had pretty good luck with my H6-60-RS 60Ah battery lately. The car ran fine with it.
One thing I would like to note, these cars have an interesting charging strategy so when you're driving under full load, the battery isn't charging. So if my car is sitting half the time and out on track, full throttle the other half of the time, the battery doesn't get charged.
For that reason, I've usually been leaving it on battery charger while it's sitting in the shop between events. But when I'm street driving it like an usual person, it works perfectly fine. Highly recommended mod for sure.

Thanks for the response!

IAT is, to me, the biggest limiting factor with our car at the moment as well. Personally I don't have methanol injection, but your feedback kinda proves that meth doesn't exactly help massively either.
That's disappointing to hear. I'll be upgrading my car with the complete C&R cooling package and will be looking forward to the AMS products being released.

scrllock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
e90 335xi
We are testing a new solution from SPL on the rear upper arm, I will be able to share more info when I get the ok from them!
Really, the issue that we had were mostly caused by heavy rear suspension travel, when the rear of the car is slamming into the ground from either massive curbs or bumps in the banking hah.
Have you looked at the new verkline subframe? Would that even be legal in street mod?

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If companies like SPL can get 90% there just with a few new arms, wouldn't that be the way to go, while saving $10k?
The entire Verkline kit is actually on sale right now for 6.7k right now.
https://www.verkline.com/shop/all-p...-wishbones-subframe-toyota-supra-a90-a91-a9x/

If you buy the entire SPL catalogue, it's about 3k. So while the Verkline does cost a few more thousand, it also nets you some neat parts while helping you shave some pounds.

But aside from the weight savings, it probably still isn't worth it. Mainly saying this because the primary reason to get the verkline subframe is to resolve the bump steer issue which we don't even know exists or not.

I might get it though as I'm genuinely curious how the car will drive with this modification.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Add on shipping, VAT, and converted to US dollars, it'd be all of 10k for us in the states.. but I think you're right, money aside I can't see it making that great of a difference for an issue that looks to be subjective.
I thought I had horrible bumpsteer at one time.. turns out I blew a rear strut after I lowered the car.

scrllock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
e90 335xi
Not interested in debating "subjective" bumpsteer or relative costs, though this is clearly a build with some sponsors and suspension r&d. Just curious if it's been looked at. There are some other significant advantages besides arm geometry.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Add on shipping, VAT, and converted to US dollars, it'd be all of 10k for us in the states.. but I think you're right, money aside I can't see it making that great of a difference for an issue that looks to be subjective.
I thought I had horrible bumpsteer at one time.. turns out I blew a rear strut after I lowered the car.
I have the entire SPL catalogue in my car already so I might just get the verkline subframe. I think that's only 2-3k.

Might as well pony up the cash to see what all the buzz is about. haha.

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Have you looked at the new verkline subframe? Would that even be legal in street mod?
I haven't looked into the subframe as the classes that we run all require an OEM subframe. The upgrade just wouldn't be legal for us ha.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA

Watched this the other night.
Sensational effort Jackie and well done.
Amazing to see what IAG did with your rear wing and so funny to see Alex sitting on it.
Your driving skills are God like... :headbang:
Sponsored