Should Toyota Supra keep FT-1 2+2 configuration? Or lose backseats?

What do you think should happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
As we all know the FT-1 concept is a 2+2. But Toyota has stated a production version would be 10% smaller. Given that info should Toyota retain the 2+2 configuration? Or should FT-1 become a two seat sports car like the Corvette and Viper? Post your thoughts and comments below, and as always remember to vote in the poll.

24031024-1-21-ft-1-pic.jpg

toyota-ft-1-concept-driver-seat.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

divinesteer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyotas
10% smaller still puts it well within the territory of other 2+2 cars. The FT-1 is a pretty large car. We all know functional backseats can be done with smaller cars a la FR-S etc.

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Have to keep the rear seats if it doesn't add unnecessary size or weight or hurt the car's dynamics.

Having even small backseats might make it more appealing for some buyers considering cars that don't have them (C7, Cayman) and make it competitive with cars that do (GT-R, M4).

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
Voted to keep them. Would be something nice to keep with the tradition of past Supras.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
2 seats is cool, but this car will be so much more than a Corvette competitor, so I voted for 2+2.

FXuser

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3
How about a 2+2 with rear seat delete option for true track enthusiasts? probably not even worth it given how few people actually track their cars but i can't think of any other reason someone would not want an extra 2 seats.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
How about a 2+2 with rear seat delete option for true track enthusiasts? probably not even worth it given how few people actually track their cars but i can't think of any other reason someone would not want an extra 2 seats.
In college I wanted 2 seats so all my idiot friends couldn't ask me to drive them around.

Now with small children being a possibility 2 extra seats doesn't sound bad.

Unnecessary size/weight seems like a waste (I hardly ever have more than one person in my car, let alone 4). But as long as they are more of an afterthought, a-la Porsche 911, I'll be happy.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
2x2 is actually great for the track. I carry my gear in my otherwise useless rear seats. I fill up the trunk, back seats and the passenger seats with all my junk. That way you don't need a trailer.

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
2x2 is actually great for the track. I carry my gear in my otherwise useless rear seats. I fill up the trunk, back seats and the passenger seats with all my junk. That way you don't need a trailer.
Also just great for putting backpacks, bags, jackets, etc. without having to access the trunk. Glad I have it in the FR-S.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Sometimes the space dedicated to the +2 useless seats halves the storage area of the trunk, so it's not really extra space.

One thing I've liked about the Corvette is that you get a pretty copious amount of storage underneath the rear hatch glass. Similar was the RX-7, although you don't get much depth.

My trunk in my G35 I had years ago (2+2) was pretty much useless. Even a convertible Corvette had more storage.

Personally I prefer to reach into a trunk/hatch instead of twisting around to grab something out of a backseat in a 2-door car.

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
I may not use the backseats for much else than storage and occasionally having a buddy back there but I also don't want to pay more for insurance just because I happen to not have them.

JonMon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cars
I may not use the backseats for much else than storage and occasionally having a buddy back there but I also don't want to pay more for insurance just because I happen to not have them.
2+2 cars cost more to insure than 2 seaters?

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I say keep it 2+2. I could use the 2 back seats. But I think they'll make it like the FRS where you can slide those seats down to make it a flat trunk to fit up to 4 wheels in it. So for those that would rather have 2 seats and a bigger trunk, you have that option.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.