👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Is this an attempt to get the grandpas to buy a Supra? 😂
Hey, wait a minute there sonny! Us old guys/grandpa's love Supra's too. Mine looks nothing like that. Besides, that interior would not be on my list regardless of the exterior color.
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Photoshopped a red interior Supra to match the BMW Cognac leather color. I'm kind of liking the feel of the tan. Wonder how Toyota will be integrating the tan into the interior.
IMG_6358.png
Thought this was a Lexus for a second. Clean, but not sporty. What about Fjord Blue or Silverstone grey from the M-line?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Photoshopped a red interior Supra to match the BMW Cognac leather color. I'm kind of liking the feel of the tan. Wonder how Toyota will be integrating the tan into the interior.
IMG_6358.png
I like the tan. I only wish the leather was nicer and had perforated center, oh and if the base was longer, doesn’t reach my knees :/

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
So is the red axed for 2023?

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
So based on that there’s no power bump that everyone said was occurring and definitely no s58 like others were trying to say was happening lmao
Tetsuya Tada did pose question (that he already knew the answer to) a year or two ago in an interview about which thing customers would like first for the MKV: An increase in power or a manual transmission. In that interview he implied that the financial resources existed to do one or the other first but not both at the same time.

Then we got the B58D with its power increase.

In reality I think that the order of release for more power and a manual transmission was always planned from the start. It was a teasing question at best so that he didn't have to be tied down to officially reveal the official roadmap for changes to the Supra over its production run.

Another power increase is very likely coming just to the limited GRMN model.

Impossible to read it’s in French.
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/393958

^^ Japanese.

Load up the link in the Google Chrome browser and there is an option to automatically translate into English (or whichever is your computer's default language).

Last edited:

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I have no intention of buying one of these new, but I did want to say that darker tan leather is awesome and is exactly what I've been waiting for. That plus Portimao blue would have been amazing.

That being said, I have back pains and complain about zoomers even though I'm under 30, so maybe this spec is just for me.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have no intention of buying one of these new, but I did want to say that darker tan leather is awesome and is exactly what I've been waiting for. That plus Portimao blue would have been amazing.

That being said, I have back pains and complain about zoomers even though I'm under 30, so maybe this spec is just for me.
I'm not under 30, I'm actually old af, but the Portimao Blue with tan interior + a manual as a daily would be a solid combo...

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
Watch the 6 speed comes out and like 5 people buy it…… New car owners buy different stuff than used car buyers, just saying.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
A while back Toyota said their own survey had found that around 30% of buyers would opt for a manual trans. I forgot who, but one of our members here who attended the Toyota dealer meeting said the breakdown for the 2023 model year would be 40% manual and 60% auto.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I'm not under 30, I'm actually old af, but the Portimao Blue with tan interior + a manual as a daily would be a solid combo...
If they offer that combo, that's what I'll order, and I'll wait as long as it takes.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
This is the manual thread, not the 2.0 thread. :p
Seriously, many have been asking for a MT since day one. No one has been screaming for a 4 banger version. Well maybe the 10 people on this whole forum that brought one. And one or two of them have sold it to upgrade to the 3.0. :rofl:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.