• Total voters

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
You can call it what you like, but I call it what its creators call it. If you want to argue on a component level, how granular would you like to get? Where are the materials sourced from? Metal, glass, rubber, plastic, the ink for all those BMW logos...they come from multiple global locations. As do all components for every car currently made.

I guess what I'm trying to say is get off the goddamn internet and go drive your car. Everything ultimately comes from dead stars and you're not getting any younger.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Built in Austria btw
And I bought this car BECAUSE it's a BMW
With a great inline 6, proven ZF8 and high quality interior
It's actually kind of a bargain if you compare it to the Z4 M40i
Fully agree with this ☝🏼

to me it’s a BMW with Toyota tuning and new sheet metal.
And this ☝🏼

I consider it a BMW. I buy BMW parts, I pull the BMW engine out, I deal with BMW things constantly. I consider it a BMW. I never consider it to really be anything other than the endless parts I buy.
and definitely this ☝🏼

I’ve got noting against Toyota but they haven’t had a proper track car for quite some time. I see BMWs, Porsches, Hondas, Mazdas and Vettes any given weekend. I would have never dreamed of seeing a Toyota at the track. Camry was their flagship vehicle prior to this new Supra. Thank you BMW for putting Toyota back on track ✊🏽

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
[QUOTE="FLtrackdays

I’ve got noting against Toyota but they haven’t had a proper track car for quite some time. I see BMWs, Porsches, Hondas, Mazdas and Vettes any given weekend. I would have never dreamed of seeing a Toyota at the track. Camry was their flagship vehicle prior to this new Supra. Thank you BMW for putting Toyota back on track ✊🏽
[/QUOTE]

Truth. At track events like Chin I see 70% are BMW and Porsche, 20% Vette, Mustangs, Miatas, 10% spattering of beater caged Hondas, old rx7, etc.
I used to be the only Supra/toyota at events like that. Now there are 2-6 at each one.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
granular. You mean more like boulders in this case.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Well this is a Toyota for sure. I bought an extended warranty that covers 8 years for $1070. You can't get that with a BMW.

I got 2 years free oil change from Toyotacare, BMW doesn't have that for their cars.

I went in for 3rd year oil change and Toyota quoted me $199 for the oil change but then offered me an additional 2 year Toyotacare for $150. No way a BMW service dept would offer to save you money.

I bought the Launch Edition with the automatic because Toyota said they had no plans to come out with a Manual version. But to learned that was something they had planned all along to keep interest high on the cars, offer the manual later and lie to you about it during launch. BMW would never do that shit, they would straight up give you the best upfront. So definitely, this is a Toyota.
The last BMW I purchased (new) was maintenance free for the first four years...just say'n.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
YES.
NO.
YES (unless it's a Honda)
YES (but wait... is the Cygnet really an Aston Martin at all?)

NO(ish) - but this one definitely is. :cool: And by similar logic... this Golf is a Lamborghini.

I've left an apple on your desk and I'm hoping for an A on this test.
You'll always get an A with you give up the D.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Kind of apples to oranges (besides Cygnet), no?
Not really. I don't consider our cars to be the same as say an FRS/BRZ or the Talon/Eclipse, Stealth/3000GT etc... (I just threw the Cygnet in there more for the comedic aspect of that car.)

I'm not blind to the fact that our cars are 95% BMW, but if you take the average non car enthusiast person and put them between the Supra and Z4. I bet they wouldn't be able to tell the cars are basically the same underneath. Even the interiors look pretty different. Whereas the cars I mentioned above, any Joe Schmo can tell they are the same exact car.

That's just my view on it though 🤷‍♂️

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Not really. I don't consider our cars to be the same as say an FRS/BRZ or the Talon/Eclipse, Stealth/3000GT etc... (I just threw the Cygnet in there more for the comedic aspect of that car.)

I'm not blind to the fact that our cars are 95% BMW, but if you take the average non car enthusiast person and put them between the Supra and Z4. I bet they wouldn't be able to tell the cars are basically the same underneath. Even the interiors look pretty different. Whereas the cars I mentioned above, any Joe Schmo can tell they are the same exact car.

That's just my view on it though 🤷‍♂️
Yeah. It helps that Supra and Z4 look very different, and many have said they drive quite different too. I love the Supra’s styling, looks very Toyota 😍

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0 (in transit)
I think of it as a BMW engineered sports car that is tuned, programmed, and designed by Toyota. It’s both, really. Toyota and BMW started with the same hardware, but were not legally allowed to talk or trade notes during development. So they were developed completely separately. Everything that could be tuned or tweaked was done in a vacuum from the other. That said, it has a BMW engine, BMW chassis, BMW sourced trans., BMW interior, etc., so its DNA is BMW. That said, I tell people it’s a Toyota Supra, built by BMW.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
Let's look at this objectively, shall we:

Inquiry
BMW​
Toyota Supra​
Weight​
When I look at it, it looks like a…
x​
1​
When I hear it, it sounds like a…
x​
1​
When I drive it, It feels like I'm driving a…
x​
1​
When I work on it, it feels like I'm wrenching on a…
x​
1​
When I buy replacement parts, they are made by…
x​
1​
When I was a teenager, my dream car was a…
x​
100​

BMW = 4
Toyota Supra = 101

Welp, I guess I'm driving a Toyota Supra.;)