How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Sup guys, can anyone tell me how much clearance there is for the speaker port tubes behind the panel? I'm looking to purchase this on Amazon since it already comes with the grill but not sure if the 2" length will clear. The tubes OP posted are 1" in length.

Seismic Audio SAPR402G-2Pack Speaker Cabinet Port Tubes for PA/DJ Speaker Cabinets, 2-Inch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G50L7RY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A7KODY9T0BTOM&psc=1

Thanks!
It’s a little over 2” and those you ordered well def. work. In fact someone here used the same ones in an earlier thread.
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
This is like the best MOD to the Supra...glad I did it months ago...

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
How did you cut and install? I'm guessing in precise panels so nothing that wasn't covered before became covered?
I used the trunk battery cover as the outline. Its the same size and shape. The 2 pieces of cheap insulation glued under cover will need to be removed. The bottom up stack is: Second Skin, Battery Cover then Supra mat.

It did raise the Supra mat but not enough to cover anything or misalign panels.

-RJM

8C9B565C-139A-40F1-A7B5-99B283ADC2C3.jpeg

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Here is yet another area that required attention for eliminating subwoofer grill rattle / vibrations...I did this awhile ago and thought it might be helpful to post while we're on this topic....
Quick question about this: is there any reason I might need to remove those covers in the future? I assume it isn't going to be easy to get them off once they are glued on.

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question about this: is there any reason I might need to remove those covers in the future? I assume it isn't going to be easy to get them off once they are glued on.
Just make sure you secure the area between the spoked cover and circular plastic grill plate (which can be separated from one another) and not the area between the bottom of the grill plate and felt top woofer cover that I've seen some mistakenly do...It's the area between the spoked cover and grill plate where some vibrations can occur...Then the cover assembly (spoke and grill plate) can still be removed in the future to access the woofers...

You can use either small circular adhesive backed felt pads or apply small dollups of silicone adhesive which I found to be more effective...

woofer grill cover felt pads.jpg

Last edited:

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Just make sure you secure the area between the spoked cover and circular plastic grill plate (which can be separated from one another) and not the area between the bottom of the grill plate and felt top woofer cover that I've seen some mistakenly do...It's the area between the spoked cover and grill plate where some vibrations can occur...Then the cover assembly (spoke and grill plate) can still be removed in the future to access the woofers...

You can use either small circular adhesive backed felt pads or apply small dollups of silicone adhesive which I found to be more effective...

woofer grill cover felt pads.jpg
Thanks for clarifying, makes sense!

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I have found a new vibration since my audio build.

tempImagez5W5st.jpg

The third brake light area. Not just the center piece but a majority of that plastic against the glass.

@tadda any ideas for a solution on that area?

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have found a new vibration since my audio build.

tempImagez5W5st.jpg

The third brake light area. Not just the center piece but a majority of that plastic against the glass.

@tadda any ideas for a solution on that area?
Yeah, I fixed that a while ago....pull off the plastic cover plate and place thin adhesive back felt strips in areas where plastic cover edges meets hatch cover...

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Hey guys, I did a sound test of what it sounds after the whole process, mine is a slightly bit tweaked from taddas but seeing as how no one made a sound test here you guys go.
Sounds exactly like the speakers in my office through which I'm listening to the video. :dunno:

I'm sure it sounds much better now... but a YT video isn't going to prove that one way or another. Congratulations on the completing the project however. :thumbsup:
Sponsored