• Total voters

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
If you guys think the forum is bad then stay far away from the ZCON facebook page. šŸ˜†
Sponsored

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Nissan 356Z? šŸ¤” I like it šŸ¤£
the cars are *exactly* the same in power output? are you sure the dyno isn't maxing out right there?

I like the beemers torque curve up until that point. I just think its very sussy they have the same max power. Is the supra getting sandbagged by the dyno?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
the cars are *exactly* the same in power output? are you sure the dyno isn't maxing out right there?

I like the beemers torque curve up until that point. I just think its very sussy they have the same max power. Is the supra getting sandbagged by the dyno?
Dynos measure torque, not horsepower. HP is derived from torque and RPM. The Supraā€™s peak torque is much higher, so nothingā€™s getting clipped, it must just be a coincidence.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
cool. the dynos we have for emachine and axle testing are power limited and the limits are getting absurdly low as the years go on. (eg.. was fine for mild hybrids or small rear drives etc)

Ive never used a dyno where you just put a whole car on lol

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I did caption the dyno sheet with:

ā€œOkay friends, what excuse are we going to use to explain this away?

This is a stock 2020 Supra vs. a stock 2023 Z.ā€

I feel like thatā€™s pretty tame considering some of the other comments on that thread lol
Just make a new account with a not so obvious "troll" username lol.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I know this information is probably out there because it isn't a new motor in the Z, but I'm curious about the potential of said motor in the Z vs the B58 in regards to race applications on the dragstrip mostly (since racing these cars on a road course in various amateur series will be highly regulated in terms of mods allowed). The B58 has been around long enough now that we have a pretty good idea of it's limits along with the transmission it's paired with (understanding the latter can be upgraded as well, of course). What about the motor in the Z paired with the transmission they use (assuming people will be buying the auto for use at the dragstrip)? Are we in a situation where the Z boyz are going to easily win the HP/TQ per $ game in terms of straight line speed? An extreme and probably unrealistic example, but what I'm asking is will their JB4 alternative be capable of giving them +60% HP (and the stock transmission hold) for the same money?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Open deck vs closed deck is the biggest thing. There will be no comparison in overall strength with that factor. Thereā€™s other components of course but thatā€™s a HUGE factor.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Open deck vs closed deck is the biggest thing. There will be no comparison in overall strength with that factor. Thereā€™s other components of course but thatā€™s a HUGE factor.
Iā€™ve been saying that for a while. They brush it off over there. Weā€™ll just have to wait to see all those blown engines

The mods should startup the Salvage Supra thread equivalent to Blown Z Engine thread over on their forums

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Iā€™ve been saying that for a while. They brush it off over there. Weā€™ll just have to wait to see all those blown engines

The mods should startup the Salvage Supra thread equivalent to Blown Z Engine thread over on their forums
Open deck isnā€™t necessarily ā€œa deal breakerā€ if you look at the GR yaris people are still making 450 on a 3 cylinder and issues arenā€™t related to the block at all. But in the long term and if youā€™re pushing big numbers they canā€™t ignore it.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Open deck isnā€™t necessarily ā€œa deal breakerā€ if you look at the GR yaris people are still making 450 on a 3 cylinder and issues arenā€™t related to the block at all. But in the long term and if youā€™re pushing big numbers they canā€™t ignore it.
Well yeah I mean if youā€™re leaving it stock then no issue. But ok no reality is there going to be 400Z big turbos killing big turbo Supras. They wonā€™t get us stock, and they wonā€™t get us in the top fully moded cars like Jesse, Norris, Payn, and Logan Padilla

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Never bet against BMW power.

Both Toyota and Nissan wanted to bring back Halo cars at reasonable price points.
Two very different strategies:

Nissan, use and improve on existing platform and engine

Toyota, exchange EV tech for engine, suspension, etc from a top Euro sports car Manufacturer.

It will be no contest on who "wins" this battle
Sponsored