Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
Can someone please enlighten me. So among 100s of reviews how can only 1 came up with a drag race video of the Z? Hagerty who done the drag race was able to achieve exact google numbers (0-60, 1/4) for the two other cars on a dusty track in the middle of the desert, and without prep? do you guys think the numbers are accurate?
I think as mentioned before, there could be some sort of NDA with Nissan to prevent people from doing that. They were all press cars. We probably won't see what the Z can or can't do until actual owners start getting them.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Can someone please enlighten me. So among 100s of reviews how can only 1 came up with a drag race video of the Z? Hagerty who done the drag race was able to achieve exact google numbers (0-60, 1/4) for the two other cars on a dusty track in the middle of the desert, and without prep? do you guys think the numbers are accurate?
"Because it's about feelings, not numbers" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
It's almost like they put a higher horsepower engine into a 15-20 year old chassis, coupled it with a merc transmission.

Serious question though, why did it take them this long to even come out with this? Honestly if this car came out sometime around 2015-2016, it would be a zero question insta-purchase for some people.
Exactly!

This Z would've been great as an immediate successor to the 370. But we waited too long and got too little as result.

There's certainly a lot of backlash from purists regarding the collaboration between BMW and Toyota in the new Supra. However, it's proven to have worked. If only Nissan would've paired up and collaborated their efforts, we could've had a serious contender.

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
I'm still waiting for the track video Camissa promised on Reddit, but it's cool that he's giving us the no BS fanboying take. At least one other reviewer hinted at the Z being a bitch to control, and the Sport trim will only be worse.

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
Exactly!

This Z would've been great as an immediate successor to the 370. But we waited too long and got too little as result.

There's certainly a lot of backlash from purists regarding the collaboration between BMW and Toyota in the new Supra. However, it's proven to have worked. If only Nissan would've paired up and collaborated their efforts, we could've had a serious contender.
Lol yeah, and to put it in perspective.

An iPhone 3GS was released the same time as the 370Z. And now we're at iPhone 13+

The 86 Twins is already in a second generation.

The Ford Mustang GT from 2009 made 300HP to making 460HP today.

Obviously I can go on and on since it's been a 14 year gap, just for Nissan to reskin it with a retro-heritage body and call it a new thing. Carlos Ghosn is gone, but his culture is clearly still alive and kicking.

Nissan "fans" they need to demand better than that.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You know what's funny?

On this forum, there's a link to "that" forum labeled cough cough, "competition",

But there's no link from there to here.

They're missing all these excellent points! They're about to spend their bank's hard earned money! With 24% interest! We must save them! 🤣

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 335i, '23 Kona N
You know what's funny?

On this forum, there's a link to "that" forum labeled cough cough, "competition",

But there's no link from there to here.

They're missing all these excellent points! They're about to spend their bank's hard earned money! With 24% interest! We must save them! 🤣
Some good points for sure 😅... 24% interest on a car 💀

In all seriousness the last car I got through NMAC was at 0% for 60 but if someone is willing to pay 24% on a car or really anything for that matter then they are probably past saving. I was barely happy with 3.125% on a 30 year fixed in 2020.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some good points for sure 😅... 24% interest on a car 💀

In all seriousness the last car I got through NMAC was at 0% for 60 but if someone is willing to pay 24% on a car or really anything for that matter then they are probably past saving. I was barely happy with 3.125% on a 30 year fixed in 2020.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it true you can't finance ADM/markups? If so that's 70% of Z sales gone lol.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 335i, '23 Kona N
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it true you can't finance ADM/markups? If so that's 70% of Z sales gone lol.
😆 I haven't really thought about it because the last car I bought was in 2015, but I see my credit union now offers 125% financing on a new car instead of 100% previously. I would think ADM is the very reason as historically they wouldn't lend over MSRP.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Im assuming because the majority of the videos was here at the Vegas event Nissan threw. Just like they did for the C8 and GT500, you are given a car, keys, and a time frame to bring it back with the stipulation no racing or dangerous driving, spirted driving is ok as long as it falls with in the laws of the road. Then they sign agreements.

All that said they know the guys are going to have fun, but if any of the ones here a tthat event say pulled up next to me and i had a recording of them racing, they wouldnt be invited to those press launches again with at least that particular manufacture.

Since Hagarty video was at willow springs im guessing he had different event going on. Im sure his track video will be at willow springs also. with that supra. Its going to be once the cars are released to the public we get actual real world results.

If you recall when the C8 came out 99% was fantastic reviews, it wasnt really until after the release of the cars that we really started hearing about understeer and the little quirks it had, same with the GT500. Most of these guys always report about how great the car is with a little grain of criticism because they were invited to the event.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score