• Total voters

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So I’m watching the Matt Moran review. Does the premium even have lane keep and radar guided cruise?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Also what the f is a turbo speed gauge haha and let’s put it right next to the boost gauge which is exactly what I would think a turbo speed gauge is unless they want you to be able to measure your turbo impeller speed 🤣

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
turbo impeller speed
Knowing the turbo impeller speed is a great thing to have available. That's going to be a huge number, and the folks with this car need some sort of huge number that isn't the cars weight.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Also what the f is a turbo speed gauge haha and let’s put it right next to the boost gauge which is exactly what I would think a turbo speed gauge is unless they want you to be able to measure your turbo impeller speed 🤣
So they can look at something else than disappearing taillights in front of them 😜

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
The amount of internet articles and videos I've seen saying the Z "should have a 0-60 time in the low 3s" was maddening. I see reality has arrived. Oh well!

Waiting for the inevitable "ok but the Z with bolt ons and a tune will be 3.2"

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
The amount of internet articles and videos I've seen saying the Z "should have a 0-60 time in the low 3s" was maddening. I see reality has arrived. Oh well!

Waiting for the inevitable "ok but the Z with bolt ons and a tune will be 3.2"
If I recall the Nissan press conference back in November it was not built with a unique suspension or custom drive train. It was supposed to be cheap but idk if I'd pay 60k for one if the Supra with a 6 speed is available....I doubt anyone would pay the high markups like they did for the GR. It's too heavy and the tune will likely be the same piggyback as the Infiniti except no AWD to run a 11 sec 1/4 mile. The top speed shows it's not terrible but I bet that traction will only get worse with more power....

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Q50 RS400
Huh? Why do you say that?

This video seemed fair until the very end where it claims the Supra's awesome stock Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires are what set it apart from the Z. That's bullshit, of course, as everyone who's upgraded to 4S's or beyond will agree.
For multiple reasons, depending on when the burnouts were done in relation to the start of the race, the burnout could have impacted the outcome slightly.

Pilot Super Sports are insanely better tires than the Potenza All Seasons on the Z, that's not even a question.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Well it’s interesting because people on there comment about “bmw reliability “ but apparently haven’t seen what a b58 and the rest of the drivetrain the Supra is capable of.
Half the guys stating BMWs aren't reliable are still stuck in 2010 thinking about N54s and the unreliable V10 in the E60 M5.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
If you are still stock 3.0 you are already slow..... these days

to ME, will be interesting to see what mods the new Z can handle and how durable it is compared to superior BMW hardware.
The Q50 3.0T is probably a decent proxy since its the same motor, same basic platform.

The Z is a good start. Competition is good. I'm glad they are trying to make it accessible at that $40K price point. It just needs another step in performance to be properly competitive with the Supra 3.0.

FarkingBastage

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Nocturnal
Nissan has changed over to the same model as the Koreans use. Fancy looking cheap shit catered to subprime borrowers. Nothing about this result surprises me.

My old WRX came with Potenza's and they were easily the worst OEM tires I've ever had. Not even close.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
The Q50 3.0T is probably a decent proxy since its the same motor, same basic platform.

The Z is a good start. Competition is good. I'm glad they are trying to make it accessible at that $40K price point. It just needs another step in performance to be properly competitive with the Supra 3.0.
The $40,000 level has crappy brakes and open diff.

I think it is only comparable to our 2.0. That would be interesting drag race. Bet the 2.0 (i think it is dumb idea) would still give it a run.
Sponsored