Should Toyota Supra keep FT-1 2+2 configuration? Or lose backseats?

What do you think should happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmc08

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica Supra
The DB11 comes in at 187 inch and 181.6 inch for the R231 SL. I don't think the California is that big. At 179.6 inch it is only 1.8 inch longer than the MK4 at 177.8 inch.
Yes, it looks more inline with an mk4. I'm saying the Cali appears to be much bigger than the Z4 and Toyota driving around. Of course it's all speculation until we see actual stats.
Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Yes, it looks more inline with an mk4. I'm saying the Cali appears to be much bigger than the Z4 and Toyota driving around. Of course it's all speculation until we see actual stats.
I don't think it is super small like everyone is making it out to be. The press release said it would be a midsize sports car. So I would expect it to be larger than the 86 and current Z4. Yes agree, we need official specs to know for sure. Just to get an idea, a overlap comparison between the prototype and MK4.

Stanri010

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS300
I don't think it is super small like everyone is making it out to be. The press release said it would be a midsize sports car. So I would expect it to be larger than the 86 and current Z4. Yes agree, we need official specs to know for sure. Just to get an idea, a overlap comparison between the prototype and MK4.
I guess I'm okay with the idea of the car just having two seats so long as the cabin feels roomy. I absolutely hate how the Z350 feels claustrophobic with everything from the wheel to the dash shoved in your face. Even if there isn't back seats, maybe a liftback and space behind the seats might open the cabin up a little bit.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
2 seats, 2+ or 2+2, trunk or liftback, manual or automatic, I6 or V6, the most important thing is for it to have a transaxle gearbox (like LFA, GT-R, Corvette, SLS AMG/AMG GT, Aston Martin, Maserati/Ferrari). If not it is no better than a GT86.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
2 seats, 2+ or 2+2, trunk or liftback, manual or automatic, I6 or V6, the most important thing is for it to have a transaxle gearbox (like LFA, GT-R, Corvette, SLS AMG/AMG GT, Aston Martin, Maserati/Ferrari). If not it is no better than a GT86.
poor comparison considering nearly everything on your list has a V8/V10 or larger while the GTR is just simply enormous compared to what many of us envision the MK5..if it is a smaller 3000-ish lbs car then it probably ain't necessary to add additional complexity.

Last edited:

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
stoppppppppp

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Could happen.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22134768&postcount=690

attachment.jpg

I dont see any back seats :/

Toyota-Supra-001.jpg
Well the concept didn't really have much of headrest for the backseats either.

toyota-ft-1-concept.jpg

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
not a surprise, since they decided to scrunch the car's proportions it would have been a nightmare to have +2 seats in there, would have been even useless for people with no legs.. not ideal for me but hopefully this means better dynamics

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I actually havent heard a single thing on the rear seats; I'll add it to my list of things to try to get information on

As a general rule though, I'd look to the Z4 concept/test mule as an idea (this may have ben covered already, if so please disregard).

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
there is no space end of story lol, you probably can't even carry a dog if they miraculously place +2s
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.