👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Any word on that Targa? That's not actually happening is it?

Manual is good news and would have certainly made me a buyer a couple of years ago. At this point I've bought something else because they wouldn't offer me what I wanted. Now it might take a Targa to sway me.

Buuut a manual Supra would be a more useful toy than what I've got, so I'll definitely be considering it.
What is less useful than a 2 door sports car? Do you have an Ariel Atom or a Sportbike?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What is less useful than a 2 door sports car? Do you have an Ariel Atom or a Sportbike?
Elise, Exige, Miata, S2000. Almost barebones not much extra space except small trunk

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
A 30 year old 2 door rally homologation. More useable in theory, but scarcity, value, and parts availability mean it’s usually sitting in the garage.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
This looks bad? Looks proper badass. Imagine that in the same color as the rest of the body.

1646464875954.png
Sure if you're into the ricer look, to me it's even more like an after thought then the original boomerangs. imo, the wasabi concept is the best solution in terms of aesthetic. In the end, to each their own.

Toyota-Supra-Wasabi-Concept-GR-SEMA-Tuning-9.jpg

toyota-gr-supra-wasabi-2.jpg

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)

Manual is good news and would have certainly made me a buyer a couple of years ago. At this point I've bought something else because they wouldn't offer me what I wanted. Now it might take a Targa to sway me.

Buuut a manual Supra would be a more useful toy than what I've got, so I'll definitely be considering it.
Targa is the one thing I'd trade my current Supra in for. Idc about the transmission tbh. But a targa? I'm sold. But Toyota would never do it. It took a while for them to introduce a manual option, with readily available parts. A targa would require a whole new design. And it might encroach on the agreement they have with BMW for them to have the open top version.

Last edited:

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette

Targa is the one thing I'd trade my current Supra in for. Idc about the transmission tbh. But a targa? I'm sold. But Toyota would never do it. It took a while for them to introduce a manual option, with readily available parts. A targa would require a whole new design. And it might encroach on the agreement they with BMW for them to have the open top version.

the ONLY reason I am keeping my corvette and not getting rid of it for the Supra is this. I will miss my targa like a MF. So I just kept both cars.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
Ha, I see the manual is actually coming..everyone who laughed at me :thumbsdown:

I’ve also heard the rumors about the Targa top from a Toyota employee, interesting to see that being brought up. I doubted them and they doubled down. Still don’t expect it but would be a pleasant suprise.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Sure if you're into the ricer look, to me it's even more like an after thought then the original boomerangs. imo, the wasabi concept is the best solution in terms of aesthetic. In the end, to each their own.

Much easier on the eyes. To bad they couldn't stamp the door as one piece and then tack on the fake vent.

I wondering if Russia's war will effect the timeline.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid

My guy. I said COVERED UP. As in, no vent showing at all.

STSGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium

Anyone else notice the kit on the wasabi concept is essentially the kit on the a91 CF, but in the satin black abs plastic of the factory aero?

Also, assuming this car is wrapped, i wonder if they just did the wrap on the door as one piece instead of wrapping the vent panel separate from the actual door to achieve this look.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.