AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
brake duct.jpg
^^^
Again with f'ing vents. If you're going to complain about fake vents, at least get it right. The little teardrop vents below the headlights could be modified for brake ducts, i guess, but why would you? Considering it already has functional brake ducts.
Absolutely, and I believe Toyota intentionally made the hood a bit longer to accommodate aftermarket mods. There’s still a lot of space between the front end of the hood and the radiator; about 1 foot. Toyota is really serious about making this thing tunable. So kudos to Toyota. :headbang:

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
You aren't the only one... I love BMW's I6. Although I hated working on my mothers N series X5 (electric water pump's service window is the size of my fist, really?), they have oodles of torque and the noise is intoxicating. I was excited when the FT86 project had a subaru engine with toyota goodies. Idk, I thought I was the only one. I am excited to own one of these Supras to go alongside my turbocharged BRZ. The Supra was definitely an inspiration for my BRZ build :)

IMG_3152.jpg
Damn sweet ride. Well done

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
It's not about being blind. The bar was set really high because of the A80. I'm one of those who are disappointed yet remain optimistic.

-Drivers as in F1? If so Senna would have mopped the floor on F1 drivers of today.
-LA traffic is a cluster fuck due to poor urban planning with the freeway expansion began several years ago.
-Exotics in the 90's were manual, gated to be exact.
-People owned cars in the 90's because they made great cars. There are others factors but technology in the last decade and this generation has gotten accustomed to things disposable. People leased because the market is filled with boring cars.
All right. NO. You have the audacity to talk F1 right in front of the BIGGEST AND MOST PASSIONATE F1 FAN EVER. And you say the wrong facts. Come on bro. *makes a droopy sad face*.

He was a fucking legend in infinite ways. No doubt about that. He was a racing god which many other drivers feared and god was he so damn good. He, people like Alain Prost, Niki Lauda, Gilles Villeneuve, Keke Rosberg, and Nelson Piquet were the pinnacle of excellence at their time. But Ayrton had quite a few flaws that I can't even count them tbh. I'm am not going to even talk about those things right now. But I will focus on one main point.

Ayrton Senna (bless him) was an example of just jumping in the car, getting it done with his talent and raw skill. As things got a lot better in F1 technology, and what he was doing wasn't enough anymore. He lost his edge real bad. Younger, hungrier, and more intense people came up and outdid him in many ways. At the top, it was Michael Schumacher. My lord and saviour. Along with other racing gods like Fernando Alonso, Mika Hakkinen, Alain Prost, Kimi Raikkonen, Nico Rosberg and MUCH, MUCH MORE. These are good examples of my favourite F1 drivers of all time (or maybe drivers as a whole). Anyways, Michael Schumacher was the first to prioritize fitness and well-being. He DEFINED F1 into what it is today. He set the bar for all kinds of things that a good athlete should do to be at their best. He regularly exercised for long periods of time, checked his vitals often, and was so analytical in his work. My point is that he improved and raised the bar. He kicked Senna's ass handily. Ayrton was weak. Very weak. Generally, after each race (where every single one is a challenge in their own right and was hard) he wasn't able to prop himself out of the car, he was frail and was finding it hard getting used to the newer cars. He became weaker as time had passed and people like Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen took over. If Senna drove today (with the way he was doing things back then), his ass would have been grass. He wouldn't have stood a chance compared to drivers of today because they have evolved and stepped up in terms of fitness for these newer cars. It's not just a case of point and shoot. Well, it never was.

Now connecting this EXACT point to the Supra. The A80 won't be able to do jack shit compared to the A90. Regardless of age, the A80 wasn't entirely mind blowing either. This A90 can do what the A80 has done to its own respective competition. The A80 was able to compete with other manufacturers of higher cachet for a multitude of reasons. Simply put, that's how it was at the time. Now? It's more evolved, more powerful, newer technology in terms of software logic, more usage of light weight materials, more R&D and tender loving care that has been put into the A90 Supra. Once people realize how the A80 is so much more inferior to the A90 (regardless of age) people will begin to realize that it has lost it's edge big time. It will mop the floor with the A80 and it will be a supercar beater. You're comparing a base model MkV to the highest model MkIV. Thus making your argument completely and totally invalid. Period.

The A80 was a legend like the late Ayrton Senna. But the A90 (like all modern F1 drivers) will leave the past for dead. The A90 is a better car in every considerable aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
You're comparing a base model MkV to the highest model MkIV. Thus making your argument completely and totally invalid. Period.
True, everyone is comparing the GR MKV to the TT MKIV instead of the NA one knowing full well a GRMN MKV is coming in the near future.

NA MKIV - GR MKV.png

Doesn't seem too bad now, does it?

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
True, everyone is comparing the GR MKV to the TT MKIV instead of the NA one knowing full well a GRMN MKV is coming in the near future.

NA MKIV - GR MKV.png

Doesn't seem too bad now, does it?
No but... the models don't line up like that. It'd be more accurate to say:
A90 194HP 4-cyl = A80 NA
A90 255HP 4-cyl = ???
A90 335HP 6-cyl = A80 TT
A90 GRMN 6-cyl = ???

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
No but... the models don't line up like that. It'd be more accurate to say:
A90 194HP 4-cyl = A80 NA
A90 255HP 4-cyl = ???
A90 335HP 6-cyl = A80 TT
A90 GRMN 6-cyl = ???
I disagree, the US will not get the 4 cylinder models. Initially anyway. This making the GR A90 equivalent to the NA. The 4 cylinder by all means is an 86 replacement or the equivalent of a Celica in the 90s. That's how I look at it.

Price wise, as shown in the table above, the NA A80 is still more expensive than the GR A90 which makes it even harder to compare to the +$80,000 TT A90. They're in completely different price categories.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
stick%5B1%5D.jpg
Still cheaper then the ‘98 Supra...

A7A3468A-BECC-4C68-ABFE-6E79F610EE66.jpeg

That’s not correct, I remember clearly in 1997 the Supra turbo dropped in price to 39,900, same as in 1998. It wasn’t available in California due to emissions.

That price you are quoting is the price around 1995-1996. Look closely at the top right corner, it says “1995”

Attached is the correct window sticker for 1997, it was cheaper than the e36 M3. I would know cause I missed the boat to buy a brand new Supra turbo and went with the e36.

Enjetek

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (bye), Gtr
All right. NO. You have the audacity to talk F1 right in front of the BIGGEST AND MOST PASSIONATE F1 FAN EVER. And you spew bullshit. Come on.

He was a fucking legend in infinite ways. No doubt about that. He was a racing god which many other drivers feared and god was he so damn good. He, people like Alain Prost, Niki Lauda, Gilles Villeneuve, Keke Rosberg, and Nelson Piquet were the pinnacle of excellence at their time. But Ayrton had quite a few flaws that I can't even count them tbh. I'm am not going to even talk about those things right now. But I will focus on one main point.

Ayrton Senna (bless him) was an example of just jumping in the car, getting it done with his talent and raw skill. As things got a lot better in F1 technology, and what he was doing wasn't enough anymore. He lost his edge real bad. Younger, hungrier, and more intense people came up and outdid him in many ways. At the top, it was Michael Schumacher. My lord and saviour. Along with other racing gods like Fernando Alonso, Mika Hakkinen, Alain Prost, Kimi Raikkonen, Nico Rosberg and MUCH, MUCH MORE. These are good examples of my favourite F1 drivers of all time (or maybe drivers as a whole). Anyways, Michael Schumacher was the first to prioritize fitness and well-being. He DEFINED F1 into what it is today. He set the bar for all kinds of things that a good athlete should do to be at their best. He regularly exercised for long periods of time, checked his vitals often, and was so analytical in his work. My point is that he improved and raised the bar. He kicked Senna's ass handily. Ayrton was weak. Very weak. Generally, after each race (where every single one is a challenge in their own right and was hard) he wasn't able to prop himself out of the car, he was frail and was finding it hard getting used to the newer cars. He became weaker as time had passed and people like Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen took over. If Senna drove today (with the way he was doing things back then), his ass would have been grass. He wouldn't have stood a chance compared to drivers of today because they have evolved and stepped up in terms of fitness for these newer cars. It's not just a case of point and shoot. Well, it never was.

Now connecting this EXACT point to the Supra. The A80 won't be able to do jack shit compared to the A90. Regardless of age, the A80 wasn't entirely mind blowing either. This A90 can do what the A80 has done to its own respective competition. The A80 was able to compete with other manufacturers of higher cachet for a multitude of reasons. Simply put, that's how it was at the time. Now? It's more evolved, more powerful, newer technology in terms of software logic, more usage of light weight materials, more R&D and tender loving care that has been put into the A90 Supra. Once people realize how the A80 is so much more inferior to the A90 (regardless of age) people will begin to realize that it has lost it's edge big time. It will mop the floor with the A80 and it will be a supercar beater. You're comparing a base model MkV to the highest model MkIV. Thus making your argument completely and totally invalid. Period.

The A80 was a legend like the late Ayrton Senna. But the A90 (like all modern F1 drivers) will leave the past for dead. The A90 is a better car in every considerable aspect.
This is exactly what I’ve been telling everyone. Glad someone else is saying it too. :). Yes, I had a single turbo mkiv before and then moved onto a gtr - which I even think is a great improvement.

drew_kar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Turbo BRZ, S14
Here's a crazy idea, why don't you guys just drive one in the summer and see what you think of it? Seems a lot easier than endlessly arguing hypotheticals on the internet.
I don't think they would let a 23 year old like me test drive one, even if I roll up in my BRZ with a good credit score :( I feel like dealerships will discount me due to my age. Oh well, better start bugging the guys at cars and coffee who will eventually have them.

JDMMA70

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 Supra Turbo, 2000 Miata
I don't think they would let a 23 year old like me test drive one, even if I roll up in my BRZ with a good credit score :( I feel like dealerships will discount me due to my age. Oh well, better start bugging the guys at cars and coffee who will eventually have them.
Haha this reminds me if two stories I found funny, I spoke to two owners who bought their MK3s brand new. One worked in a restaurant at the time iirc. I believe it was a pizza joint and he was 21 yrs old at the time, anyways he wanted a new car and went to the Chevy dealer to look at the new 1990 Corvette. The salesmen in the dealership laughed when he inquired about one and a test drive. Angry, he walked across the street to the Toyota dealer, and asked about the Supra. He said they treated him like royalty. After purchasing the car (white 90 turbo) which ended up being 34K out the door, he drove across to the Chevy dealer to show the salesman his new purchase. Similar story with the second who was in his early 20s, I think he was 19 or 20 actually. He went to check out the 91 Dodge Stealth RT and the salesmen there told him to get lost. He too went to the Toyota dealer where he purchased a red turbo and was treated like royalty (how they described it). Also went back to show off his new purchase.

So hey theres hope you never know. Try stopping by the Chevy dealer and inquire about test driving a Z06 before going to the Toyota dealer perhaps thats the secret haha ;)

Last edited: