• Total voters

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I'm pretty sure any Supra is faster and more efficient. Please stop pretending the 45th edition is better than the other models. If anything, the 45th is maybe slightly slower because of its lame-o wing.
...only in the track setting.
But I used the 45th as an example because they have been the most - offered by dealerships for quite a few months compared to non-45ths for the 2024 model year.
Sponsored

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX-8, '23 BRZ, '24 3.0 MT
I see "I talk to my oem nav and make sure it knows it's naughty" Concept is back at it.
Come on guys itā€™s Easter LMFAO.

I was once a knee jerk hater of concept, but now Iā€™ve grown to appreciate where he comes from even though I donā€™t agree with his school of thought, and coincidentally the 45th anniversary wing has kinda grown on meā€¦.

ps edit: Iā€™m also pretty tipsy and prob not thinking clearly at the moment

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I was once a knee jerk hater of concept, but now Iā€™ve grown to appreciate where he comes from even though I donā€™t agree with his school of thought, and coincidentally the 45th anniversary wing has kinda grown on meā€¦.
I don't hate anyone and certainly don't subscribe to bashing anyone in particular: I prefer to argue the point, not the man. I just honestly think the 45th Special Edition isn't all that special and this idea that they (or any other cosmetically updated model), is laughable.

And back on topic, the whole idea that the Z in 2024 is competitive against the Supra in any way is similarly laughable. Funnily enough we don't have markups, so here the Z is really just a much cheaper alternative to the Supra. And as the reviews are showing, you get what you pay for.

The fact that US citizens are willing to pay more than MSRP (and sometimes more than a Supra's MSRP) for such an obviously inferior car, just astounds me.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning is that the NISMO Z in Australia is about the same price as our base 3.0 Supra - no 2.0s here.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't hate anyone and certainly don't subscribe to bashing anyone in particular: I prefer to argue the point, not the man. I just honestly think the 45th Special Edition isn't all that special and this idea that they (or any other cosmetically updated model), is laughable.

And back on topic, the whole idea that the Z in 2024 is competitive against the Supra in any way is similarly laughable. Funnily enough we don't have markups, so here the Z is really just a much cheaper alternative to the Supra. And as the reviews are showing, you get what you pay for.

The fact that US citizens are willing to pay more than MSRP (and sometimes more than a Supra's MSRP) for such an obviously inferior car, just astounds me.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning is that the NISMO Z in Australia is about the same price as our base 3.0 Supra - no 2.0s here.
Maybe hater was the wrong word, not really hate in its actual definition, more just a snicker.

I canā€™t find much sales data in Australia about the Z, but it also looks like only a 100-200 Supras are sold per year in Australia. All I see is an article saying the all 100 Nismo allocations sold out in an hour in Australia. If itā€™s listed at the same price as a base 3.0 Supra, then I could see the value in the Nismo.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pics from the Z forum, white with a blue interior looks rad to me. I think Nissan did a better job with the 2 tone interior vs. the incomplete red/hazelnut offering from Toyota. The plastics on the Z's interior look like garbage though at $54k starting MSRP for the Performance trim.

img_6929-jpeg.jpg

img_6930-jpeg.jpg

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I canā€™t find much sales data in Australia about the Z, but it also looks like only a 100-200 Supras are sold per year in Australia. All I see is an article saying the all 100 Nismo allocations sold out in an hour in Australia. If itā€™s listed at the same price as a base 3.0 Supra, then I could see the value in the Nismo.
I believe there are a little under 1,000 Supras here in Australia as of 2024. I see one every now and then and while they're not everywhere, they're certainly not super rare either.

I've only ever seen two Zs in the wild (and one at a dealer). From what I understand, Nissan is actually worse than Toyota at getting these cars landed. I've also heard Z wait times are measured in years, not months!

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
Still have not seen a single new z to this day, and my town is littered with modded 350-370z. Theres not a day go by where i dont see a Z but never the new one lmaoo
I actually just saw my first one last weekend and was not impressed by the exterior looks at all. Honestly I didn't even care enough to peek inside the car either. Was at a car show here that didn't have as many cars as I had hoped and was pretty surprised to see one at the show. It was parked right next to an R35 that I do like, although, the interior on those is outdated IMO.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Pics from the Z forum, white with a blue interior looks rad to me. I think Nissan did a better job with the 2 tone interior vs. the incomplete red/hazelnut offering from Toyota. The plastics on the Z's interior look like garbage though at $54k starting MSRP for the Performance trim.

img_6929-jpeg.jpg

img_6930-jpeg.jpg
this spec looks great. recently discovered the fjord blue interior on M cars and loved that too. i've liked this car since teasers but i really do believe nissan cheated its enthusiasts.. this should've been a 40k-ish car

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Come on guys itā€™s Easter LMFAO.
What does some bullshit story about a dead guy coming back to life a fuck ton of years ago have to do with arguing on the internet lol.

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
Another insecure pro-Nissan rag pushing their narrative.

https://www.motor1.com/news/714705/toyota-supra-sales-down-50-perent/

They fail to mention anything about actual supply being the issue. Go to Cars.com and you can find all of 4 NEW Supras available for sale in dealer in inventories, compared to over 600 Z's sitting around.

You'd think after 4 model years they'd get over their insecurities.

Numbers don't lie, but people do.

1712167984639-w0.png

1712168003655-2r.png

SlowFreddy

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra GTS 6MT
What does some bullshit story about a dead guy coming back to life a fuck ton of years ago have to do with arguing on the internet lol.
It ain't a bullshit story d$ckhead, get your facts straight Zachary. I'm sure you wouldn't be so offensive if The Prophet Muhammad or a Muslim event was the topic??

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
It ain't a bullshit story d$ckhead, get your facts straight Zachary. I'm sure you wouldn't be so offensive if The Prophet Muhammad or a Muslim event was the topic??
Eh, Jesus is a vital part of Islam too. One of the Prophets in fact.

Anyways the Z sucks.

SlowFreddy

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra GTS 6MT
Eh, Jesus is a vital part of Islam too. One of the Prophets in fact.

Anyways the Z sucks.
Yes I am aware of that, but his reference to the Resurrection as "some bullshit story of a dead guy coming back to life" more explicitly offends Christians (like myself) because this hits at the heart Christianity, Easter is the most important event in the Christian Calendar.
Sponsored