Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
It is, but once again they're just harping on the tires like that's the real problem. I don't recall a single review of the Supra complaining about its tires, yet with the Z it seems to be the only thing they can talk about, despite the Z's tires being better than the Supra's. It's almost like the tires aren't the actual problem, they're just a convenient scape goat.
Huh, I didnā€™t read it that way.

I read that itā€™s a 6/10ths kinda car - and thatā€™s not something stickier tires fix.

The OG 86 had shite tires and is hilarious fun. My nearly dead PSS on the Supra are only still on because (here in the PNW) weā€™ve been getting so much rain, it allows me to explore the chassisā€™s excellent weight balance and refined engineering (aka slide it with exceptional control anywhere I want). Ja ja, PS4S *spec are on the way.

I love the 240 and the 300ZX. The rest werenā€™t my particular cup oā€™ tea. Kudos to Nissan for building such wide-eyed enthusiasm in their ā€œcommunityā€ that people are willing to overlook the carā€™s inherent flaws, I guess.

And hey, my first car was An OG Sentra SE-R, so itā€™s not like Iā€™m a hater. Then again, that car was light and balanced - kinda the FWD 86 of its day.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Been reading through the thread and before I even started I KNEW it would be the ā€œbecause_muricaā€ guy posting the most. That guy has had the most active mouth on that forum since the initial review by Camisa and hasnā€™t shut up since then.

Oceans

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A90
Well, my first encounter was with this one today, and it surprised me quite a bit. In person, it is a much more attractive car and has a good elegant balance to it. The metallic paint was very well done, and it seemed quite larger than the A90 even though not by much. The owner was really cool, and we traded stories of our past Zā€™s (basically all gens), him still owning the 350 and me still having the visor Mr. K signed at Blackhawk during itā€™s unveiling. His is one of the only two here, and 1 of 240 or so Prototype spec. I can only hope more owners will be like this guy.

F7631DE0-E937-4B2F-B6BD-0CF1F97FA22B.jpeg

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Ok 3 pages of comments. Most are well, its a daily, its a car to get until the Nismo. Its obvious the balloon has deflated in Z - Town.

The few still preaching are reaching. Tires and 2 sec delusions.

Again its just what Nissan is able to do with a limited budget. Nice car but not worth at all nearly 50k or some idiotic dealer markup. Its a GT and soft at that given the competition. Given the speed difference auto to auto - a 2.0 with the better interior and equipment/tech is almost as fast and a much better balanced ride/drive.

JustaCarguy.

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 WRX Hatchback
Gotta keep that same energy man, thatā€™s what itā€™s all about. So many damn excuses coming up about this Z. Itā€™s like I said before, all of a sudden everyone is becoming the ā€œbased in reality car enthusiastā€œ talking about how the test donā€™t mean anything because nobody ever drives like that in real life. Same people who will sit up in comment sections bench racing like a mug and arguing ā€œauto is fasterā€ etc are now all ā€œeh, itā€™s good enough for the streetā€ get outta here.

Last edited:

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Been reading through the thread and before I even started I KNEW it would be the ā€œbecause_muricaā€ guy posting the most. That guy has had the most active mouth on that forum since the initial review by Camisa and hasnā€™t shut up since then.
I've just stopped going to that forum. That dude's been pulling at any single straw he sees to make some sort of noise because all the data that's been released shows the Supra is the better sports car.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I've just stopped going to that forum. That dude's been pulling at any single straw he sees to make some sort of noise because all the data that's been released shows the Supra is the better sports car.
Yeah itā€™s mildly ridiculous I remember him commenting when they did the first test. Constant mouth running.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Lmao consumer reports video and someone took a screen grab of this šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ thatā€™s some travel haha
B00029A3-E955-44AE-82DE-93481781506C.jpeg