• Total voters

SpamSupra

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra (Absolute White)
It looks cool, but I dont think driver focused cockpits are what people want now days. How else is your passenger gonna be able to put on waze for you? :confused:

rob13567

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 camaro 2ss
It looks cool, but I dont think driver focused cockpits are what people want now days. How else is your passenger gonna be able to put on waze for you? :confused:
Dont have to worry about that android auto and apple CarPlay are available on the screen

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Chevy really came through on the C8 overall. They made the leap to mid engine and have improved everything. And for a $60k starting price... not bad.

The driver cockpit is exactly what the Supra MKV should have had from the start. Although that long line of buttons to the right is out of place and awkward (I love physical buttons personally... just not done this way) and the mini iPad like screen needed to be integrated better into the dash. Those are my only two gripes and they're very minor. I love this cockpit.

That being said... no manual so far for any of the C8's is disappointing. I know GM has patented a way to do a remotely actuated clutch master and slave system sans hydraulic fluid presumably for the C8's R&D so they have considered it at least.

A standard DCT is very very nice though. Still love a traditional manual but that gets respect.

This also is a little off to me:

No lsd unless you get the z51. No adjustable dampers either
A $60k+ mid engine high performance two seater sports car with 495hp+ and no standard LSD? C'mon GM...

Still, this is overall an amazing evolution for the Corvette. Very exciting!

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Between the 2, definitely Corvette. TBH, I was never a Chevy or even a Corvette fan until now after seeing the C8. This is coming from someone who used to enjoy watching imports and Porsches beat up on Corvettes.

Chevy did everything right this time and thatā€™s why I have to give them a round of applause. This is how you build your halo car, yes in 2020.

Shame on you Toyota for ruining your halo car. The LE Supra gets special interior color, mirror caps and special badging for the premium.... what a joke.

Dick

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Have no reservations but I am dropping the supra unless the lower the price, by the end of the year what the c8 forum is saying
OEMs almost never lower the price of a model thatā€™s already on the market (other than Tesla). Maybe youā€™ll see some sales incentives and dealers come off MSRP, but donā€™t expect much (or a value package after 3-4 years on market). This isnā€™t a RAV4 ā€” they arenā€™t planning to sell many of these.

Edit: if you start seeing incentives and special leases, this will be last Supra. At least the last you can drive yourself.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to know the European price tag for a C8.

It is definitely a lovely and appealing car.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
I think they are leading us on with the price. Corvettes are never 60k
I played with their online configurator yesterday and I think the base Corvette, the one that will be under $60K (right from the mouth of the GM president), is already an epic supercar for most buyers, and already a strong starting point for the base price. Some people will be OK with a $60K model. For everyone else, the key wording is "starting under $60K". For what you're getting, it's already got a much cheaper starting price than any nearest competitor.

I don't think the Supra and the Corvette are in the same class. Supra "starts at $50K" and is a traditional front engine unibody structure with normal car characteristics, safety features, and usability. Corvette is a space frame design with mid engine and many compromises to safety and usability that might not be for everyone. We are comparing apples and oranges. The only thing making this into a discussion is that the Corvette's starting price gets down close to Supra territory.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
Since yesterday I am wondering that no one cries over the fact that there is no manual transmission available for the c8....

But the supra is always the one that's picked on!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
A 335 hp 4 second front engine Supra or a 495 hp sub 3 second rear/mid engine Corvette for 5k-10k more that looks the part.

Anyone buying the Supra for more than or even at MSRP is absolutely mad after this reveal.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Only in the z51 I read
Oh yes, I thought you were implying it didnā€™t have them as an option. Z51 is usually a value-friendly option and itā€™s well worth the ~$5k (historically)
Sponsored